Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android Update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not interested in potentially questionable 3rd party apps. This should be handled by Tesla.
It is Tesla's app; it's just available only (?) from a third-party source at the moment. For whatever reason, there's a delay between Tesla releasing its Android app updates and their becoming available to most users. If you don't like that, then you have three choices:
  • Switch from Android to Apple/iOS, where this delay doesn't seem to exist
  • Install the app early using a third-party app store
  • Wait for the release in the Google Play Store
FWIW, I am also not comfortable installing apps from a third-party app store on my main phone. I've therefore installed this one only on an old phone that I'm using in a limited capacity, not on my main phone.

Reactions: rxlawdude
It is Tesla's app; it's just available only (?) from a third-party source at the moment. For whatever reason, there's a delay between Tesla releasing its Android app updates and their becoming available to most users. If you don't like that, then you have three choices:
  • Switch from Android to Apple/iOS, where this delay doesn't seem to exist
  • Install the app early using a third-party app store
  • Wait for the release in the Google Play Store
FWIW, I am also not comfortable installing apps from a third-party app store on my main phone. I've therefore installed this one only on an old phone that I'm using in a limited capacity, not on my main phone.
Android 4.1.1-667 just showed up on Google Play for me in Canada. Says updated on Sept 24, so released just a week later.

Reactions: JeffnReno
FWIW, TeslaFi is now showing the safety score on its front page, for subscribers. At the moment, all that's available is the overall score, not the more detailed metrics available in Tesla's app; but if you can't wait another X hours, and if you don't currently subscribe to TeslaFi, you could always try the free trial; IIRC it's a week or two before they start charging money. (I said "X hours" because reports like @Dan D. 's make me think that the rollout is going wide on Android now, so the wait should be measured in hours, not days.)

Reactions: JeffnReno
FWIW, TeslaFi is now showing the safety score on its front page, for subscribers. At the moment, all that's available is the overall score, not the more detailed metrics available in Tesla's app; but if you can't wait another X hours, and if you don't currently subscribe to TeslaFi, you could always try the free trial; IIRC it's a week or two before they start charging money. (I said "X hours" because reports like @Dan D. 's make me think that the rollout is going wide on Android now, so the wait should be measured in hours, not days.)
WTF. I can't get the score to show up in my TeslaFi account. I check the eligibility and it keeps saying I need to generate a V3 token, which I've done 3 times now today (starting this morning). Is there some other nonintuitive trick to this?

WTF. I can't get the score to show up in my TeslaFi account. I check the eligibility and it keeps saying I need to generate a V3 token, which I've done 3 times now today (starting this morning). Is there some other nonintuitive trick to this?
It just showed up for me, with nothing special required. (I've subscribed to TeslaFi for 2.5 years now.) You might try asking on the TeslaFi Support Forum.

same here. finally see 4.1.1.

so.... I wonder if 4.1.0 was released as a rolling release, and then it was pulled early for a bug, which caused even more delay, and now 4.1.1 is rolling out. If that's the case, it would make sense for people who sideloaded to get onto 4.1.1 for that bug fix.

Yup, me too. Sitting on 97. Looks like I'll be waiting a while for Beta.

Dan
Just curious, I've been on 98 since getting it, what areas are you being dinged on the most? Mine seems to be following too close, hard corning, and occasional hard braking. I look at my daily scores going all the way back and the best I've ever achieved is 99. Not once have I gotten to 100 so it eludes me how anyone can drive a Tesla with all the instant torque and quick steering response hit 100 and I keep my car in "chill" mode plus use TACC/AP/FSD set to 4 most of the time.

Just curious, I've been on 98 since getting it, what areas are you being dinged on the most? Mine seems to be following too close, hard corning, and occasional hard braking. I look at my daily scores going all the way back and the best I've ever achieved is 99. Not once have I gotten to 100 so it eludes me how anyone can drive a Tesla with all the instant torque and quick steering response hit 100 and I keep my car in "chill" mode plus use TACC/AP/FSD set to 4 most of the time.
Since getting app and being able to see my score 2 days ago, I was being dinged for following too close. All other areas were ok. I have found a gap of about 3 seconds appears to be the sweet spot. I am literally counting from landmarks "thousand one, thousand two, thousand three..." No dings since starting this and my average us coming down.

Dan