TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Android Wear: Hopefully Tesla Supports

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by AnOutsider, Mar 19, 2014.

1. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

#1 AnOutsider, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Google announced their Android Wear platform for smartwatches:

Google reveals Android Wear, an operating system for smartwatches | The Verge

Since Tesla already has an Android App, and are somewhat close with Google, here's hoping they'll bring some sort of interface to the watches. Glancing down and/or using a watch is a much smoother experience than whipping out your smartphone, loading the app etc.

2. doctrewho

doctrewho Member

It would be nice... but given that they haven't updated the Android app to even support the charging slider that went into the iOS app months ago I'm not sure if we'll see an official app show up on Android Wear.

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Oh wow, didn't realize that. Thought the iOS and Android apps were at parity :(

4. rlang59

rlang59 Member

Nope, at this point it feels like they have given up on the Android app. Maybe they are just going to update at the same time as 6.0.

5. ww73

ww73 Member

#5 ww73, Jan 4, 2015
    There's this app. Doesn't do a whole lot yet, but a good start.

6. scottm

scottm Active Member

I thought smart watches are, well, pretty much dead. :confused:

It seems there's no killer app for a smart watch. Telling time is big one, but... you don't need a smart watch to tell you that.

People don't want to "wear" technology that is obviously technology. Oculus Rift anyone? eesh. Google Glass is dead.

RIP

7. phat78boy

phat78boy Member

I agree, but items like the Moto 360 will continue to take off IMHO. If wear technology is to expand, it has to look like every day items. This is one reason I own and enjoy my Moto 360. It is not that it does anything "killer", but it is very stylish and gives me quick access to notifications. It is not a needed device, but I miss it on days I do not wear it.

After seeing the Hyundai Android Wear app, I'm very jealous. I hope Tesla follows suit.

8. Kbra

Kbra Member

#8 Kbra, May 18, 2015
    I just ordered a Moto 360 from Costco. Hopefully theres an android version of this pretty soon.

9. Kbra

Kbra Member

No luck so far.