Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android Wear Smart Watch And The Tesla Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jimt29

2020 Tesla Model Y LR AWD, MSM/Black
Aug 13, 2015
Warwick, RI
A few days ago I installed this "Wear For Tesla" app directly on to my Android Wear smart watch. It installed with no issues, ran fine immediately.

wear tesla.png

My plan is to use the frunk more than the trunk and to that end I'm thinking this smart watch app will aid in that endeavor.

For any of you that have an Android Wear smart watch this app is only $10 and I think well worth it.

I have email the developer a few times and he is very responsive, helpful and friendly to deal with.

Here is a link on the Google Play page if anyone cares to explore it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslawear.danielcastro.teslaapp&hl=en_US&gl=US

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I used it as well, worked great.. although I have since gone back to an Apple Watch and iPhone, loved the Pixel phones but since the 5 wasn't a flagship phone anymore I decided to try Apple again after 2 years. Will see what happens next year with the Pixel 6 if they enter the flagship market again... but anyways, yeah this app worked great on my Fossil Wear OS watch!

• Helpful
I used it as well, worked great.. although I have since gone back to an Apple Watch and iPhone, loved the Pixel phones but since the 5 wasn't a flagship phone anymore I decided to try Apple again after 2 years. Will see what happens next year with the Pixel 6 if they enter the flagship market again... but anyways, yeah this app worked great on my Fossil Wear OS watch!
I have the Huawei Watch (1) syncing with an iPhone 7. I can't seem to get away from the classic round watch. Remembering back to when the Apple watch was not yet available there was speculation and images of an Apple watch in the round configuration. I was hoping...

Yeah.. I have gone through 3 Wear OS watches, all round. I do love that style more but I also see the practicality of a rectangle watch having more screen space... it is a trade off for sure though. If Wear OS or more specifically if App designers would support the platform it would be great.. Wear OS by itself I think is a good OS, just lacking in the app support department mostly.

I don't use it all that often but today I did some food shopping and activated the trunk as I approached the car and it worked as expected.

I was about 30 feet away from the card when I pressed the watch face to actuate that feature.

So, Yup - still pleased. Limitations? Wear OS is kinda slow. I also found a perfect watch face that has the app right there to run.

lucid.png

I put the app at the 12:00 position and it activates fine.

Jim

• Helpful
I don't use it all that often but today I did some food shopping and activated the trunk as I approached the car and it worked as expected.

I was about 30 feet away from the card when I pressed the watch face to actuate that feature.

So, Yup - still pleased. Limitations? Wear OS is kinda slow. I also found a perfect watch face that has the app right there to run.

View attachment 616748
I put the app at the 12:00 position and it activates fine.

Jim
Have you tried TeslaControl watchface and Temperota?

Abo 10 minutes ago I added a SIRI short cut to open and close the trunk. Way better than fumbling with a phone or watch to open the trunk. Let’s hope it works when I’m out in bad weather and try it.

I just say “SIRI: open trunk” and it works. Nice. My first SIRI short cut.