TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Android: What apps/watch apps are out there?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Alex D, May 10, 2016.

1. Alex D

Alex D Member

I see a lot of apps for Apple? Where is the Android love?

Can we get a list of what's out there for Android?

I'd appreciate your feedback, thanks!

2. cman8

cman8 Member

Put it this way, I switched to apple once I got my car. By far the better apps for the Tesla are on apple and it seems like even tesla puts their android app on the backburner sometimes.

3. Alex D

Alex D Member

I hear ya, even though... I would never switch back to Apple. Even if that means I have to live with the Tesla app only.

• Like x 2
  4. cman8

cman8 Member

I was in that some boat as you. Until I saw the advantages of Allen Wongs App remote S. And he updates it regularly, and is a very responsive member of these forums. But the android app will work. But I think you will definitely feel like its missing a lot for just dropping 100k on a car.

5. Krebnarb

Krebnarb Member

My first project when I get my tesla in June will be to work on an android app. I've seen reviews of the tesla android version, don't know why it's so bad.

• Like x 1
  6. cman8

cman8 Member

Not so much that its bad, but more that it really lacks for what it should be. Even the Official iPhone app lacks much. For example, I dont know why I cant open my sunroof from the Tesla app (only vent) yet with Remote S I can open, close, 50% and so on. theres a lot more Usability that I think we can get from our apps as I know its possible since its just software.

7. nagerseth

nagerseth Tesla Enthusiast/Owner

I'm taking some courses soon on Android Wear Development, primarily to create a Tesla App. I know Rog on here already made one by hacking together WatchMaker, Tasker, and RESTask. His is pretty cool! But anyways, trying to make a one-step install for Android users.