Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Android: What apps/watch apps are out there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in that some boat as you. Until I saw the advantages of Allen Wongs App remote S. And he updates it regularly, and is a very responsive member of these forums. But the android app will work. But I think you will definitely feel like its missing a lot for just dropping 100k on a car.

My first project when I get my tesla in June will be to work on an android app. I've seen reviews of the tesla android version, don't know why it's so bad.
Not so much that its bad, but more that it really lacks for what it should be. Even the Official iPhone app lacks much. For example, I dont know why I cant open my sunroof from the Tesla app (only vent) yet with Remote S I can open, close, 50% and so on. theres a lot more Usability that I think we can get from our apps as I know its possible since its just software.

I'm taking some courses soon on Android Wear Development, primarily to create a Tesla App. I know Rog on here already made one by hacking together WatchMaker, Tasker, and RESTask. His is pretty cool! But anyways, trying to make a one-step install for Android users.