Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Angled charging bays!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why, Instavolt, WHY?

Missed the exit for Scotch Corner Superchargers so went to Instavolt at McD Newton Aycliffe.

Their location is perfect…if your charge port is at the front of the car. Horrendous if it’s at the rear. You have to reverse the ‘wrong’ way and have to do a similar convoluted manoeuvre when you leave if there is another car to your right. Red blobs on photo shows charging points.

Rant over - and the McD was nice though I felt dirty afterwards.

Attachments

• FCDAF403-3A60-435C-9623-5CF5793E2297.jpeg
    FCDAF403-3A60-435C-9623-5CF5793E2297.jpeg
    539.4 KB · Views: 77
Why, Instavolt, WHY?

Missed the exit for Scotch Corner Superchargers so went to Instavolt at McD Newton Aycliffe.

Their location is perfect…if your charge port is at the front of the car. Horrendous if it’s at the rear. You have to reverse the ‘wrong’ way and have to do a similar convoluted manoeuvre when you leave if there is another car to your right. Red blobs on photo shows charging points.

Rant over - and the McD was nice though I felt dirty afterwards.
I think you have your answer in the picture. If the bays were straight then they would stick out more and with the curb there no one would be able to get into the spaces forward or backwards. Really they should not have been placed there at all but it does really throw rear chargers under the bus unless the cables are long enough to reach when nose in.