Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Animal Activism

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just as a point of reference: I love my leather seats. I love eating cow flesh. AND, I regularly kill animals and eat them. I love doing this also.
I was always buying a Model S BECAUSE it's electric, and I was always, and will always get leather seats. Call it what you want. Be as judgmental as you want. I'm totally OK with "murdering" cows and eating their flesh, and using their skin for furniture and clothing. I'm also totally OK with your opinion, and lifestyle. Most folks around here would probably just smile and shake their heads at your opinion. They're gonna eat meat and use leather products. You'd never have a problem with them unless you tried to stop them. :smile:

Just as a point of reference: I love my leather seats. I love eating cow flesh. AND, I regularly kill animals and eat them. I love doing this also.
I was always buying a Model S BECAUSE it's electric, and I was always, and will always get leather seats. Call it what you want. Be as judgmental as you want. I'm totally OK with "murdering" cows and eating their flesh, and using their skin for furniture and clothing. I'm also totally OK with your opinion, and lifestyle. Most folks around here would probably just smile and shake their heads at your opinion. They're gonna eat meat and use leather products. You'd never have a problem with them unless you tried to stop them. :smile:

I've been veggie for a long time but not because of the cows (or goats in Tesla's case). When I used to bicycle a lot (300 km/12.5 hr) I found that I felt much better after riding when I ate veggie, and I have just kept it up because it never seemed limiting to me. There is a case to be made environmentally against leather because of the toxic chemicals used in the tanning process. There is also a case to be made against using them as material for cars because of leather's short life and high upkeep requirements compared to fabric--at least compared to leather and fabric that I've had in various cars over the years. Nevertheless, I got the leather seats because of the seat heaters and the gray colour (Not a fan of black interiors). One of these days I will get some gray floor mats as well.

FWIW, although I think it's fine for adults to be veggie, I'm not convinced that kids should be. There is a certain amount of evolutionary evidence that indicates our intelligence comes from eating animal products.

Last edited:
I'm curious how long it takes before the climate change folks start chiming in with "will someone think of the children..err..animals!" Some might make the argument that if climate change might lead to an extinction level event for humans, it probably will for many of our furry, feathered, etc. friends.

Interesting indeed. I think what we're seeing is a 21st Century version of Future Shock—the result of people feeling helpless in the face of change. I particularly sense this in many of the anti-Tesla online rants I've read. People focus on perceived evils in an attempt to shore up their own identities (or their short positions).

I'd guess that the OP has his MS by now, but I wonder if he's changed his thinking? As he stated in one of his posts:

"And just to note, my entire net wealth is being willed to the local animal shelter to build a state-of-the-art facility. So I'm a huge animal lover and supporter--trust me."

Does he have any second thoughts when he sits on the skins of the many animals he paid to have murdered?

The two thoughts/statements above are in obvious conflict.

Fortunately, Tesla gets it and now allows us to buy cruelty-free Teslas.

But they can't force us to.

We can hope that future Tesla buyers will make better choices for the planet, the animals, and for themselves.

http://www.fao.org/ag/magazine/0612sp1.htm

The facts from multiple sources (which are supported by data, not opinions) are clear: raising animals to cut up for their parts does terrible things to our only planet, the animals, and our health.

Tesla buyers are, almost by definition, ahead of the curve. They know more, and they care more. As future Tesla owners learn things of which they had little or no knowledge prior to reading these TMC forums we should all be thankful that these forums exist.

p.s. Changing ones thinking is not easy--especially after decades of seeing things a certain way. But it is essential for growth. Otherwise, it's all just the same year after year, and nothing gets better.

Last edited by a moderator: