TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Animated supercharger location maps - from "today" until 2016

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by MarcG, Feb 18, 2015.

1. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Based on the largest resolution images available from Tesla's website, I've put together this animated GIF to show the progress of supercharger locations from "today" (looks like it was last updated 13 Feb 2015) until 2016:

SuperChargers.gif

2. WarrenInCA

WarrenInCA Member

its hard to believe there will be so many supercharger stations!

3. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Nice animation! Thanks!

Has anyone counted the Superchargers on the "2015" and "2016" maps?

I did that in mid 2014 for the then "2014" map. Tesla did not get close to that number, but I think they may be more realistic on these maps.

BTW, the current North American Count from Supercharger.Info is 177, and as of January 31, the three month trailing average was 14.7 Supercharger openings per month, and the six month average was 11 per month, with 17 North American Superchargers opened in January.

4. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Yes, over on the Investors board, I counted 294 in the US and 22 in Canada for 2015, and for 2016 chickensevil came up with 421 in North America (when you add in the three double-sided stations at Milford, Greenwich, and Hookset).

- - - Updated - - -

There were 152 open supercharger sites in North America as of 31Dec2014, per supercharger.info, so to hit 316 by 31Dec2015 Tesla needs to bring new SC sites online at the rate of 13.7 per month. So far, so good.

5. shelbri

shelbri Member

Its also double sided in Darien, CT. Seems CT likes the double-sided approach.

6. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

I'd be interested in an animation from the initial opening of the first station. supercharge.info has date opened information, there must be a tool that will easily animate that. Perhaps 1/2 second per month.

7. shelbri

shelbri Member

Go to Supercharge.info and click on Map Options and then select Way Back. It provides exactly what you are looking for.

8. BerTX

BerTX Member

Thanks for this!

Really shows the futility of putting Superchargers on I-10 and leaving holes to make the route painful or impossible. The holes are in Van Horn, TX and Baytown, TX as well as probably somewhere near San Antonio on I-10 (although technically possible to bypass San Antonio and leave I-10 to go to San Marcos, then back to I-10 in Columbus).

9. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

It really shows great promise, and I'm truly excited for the TeslaWorld in the US by the end of 2016.

I hope others agree, though, that esp. this "endpoint" really does demonstrate the N<--------->S weaknesses in the SpC locations. The entire 100th Meridian region is close to vacant, as is my beloved Rte 93 corridor - of which I've written elsewhere.
    Even overloaded California scores a miss - that region northeast of Shasta through eastern Oregon and Washington possesses gorgeous terrain. I love the Palouse Hills.....

Next phase! Next phase! Next phase!

10. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Thanks for that, didn't know that feature was available. I was interested in growth per time period rather than one at a times so pulled together a clip where every 0.5 seconds is a single month. Focused on North America only. This covers the initial launch in November 2012 up to present.

Thanks to supercharge.info for the raw data.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203028828553931&set=vb.1601529192&type=3&theater[/video]

11. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

That's great, John! Would you care to do the same for Europe?

12. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Here's the European animation. Work got in the way of fun!
    [video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203035857689655&pnref=story[/video]