TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ann Arbor grand opening

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by MichFin, Oct 30, 2015.

1. MichFin

MichFin Member

I've never been to a grand opening of a super charger and wonder if I should go since I'm only 30 minutes away. The hard part is taking off work for a few hours. So my question is... Who's going to go On Monday 2pm? And... What should we expect it to be like?

2. Joel

Joel Active Member

Is there a ribbon cutting event? I did not receive any notification.

3. physicsfita

physicsfita Member

I thought I was on Tesla's mailing list, and I didn't get anything either despite living in Ann Arbor. That said, I am in their database as someone interested in Model 3, so they may figure it's not worth sending me anything since a possible purchase is at least a couple of years away.

If the event's at 2, that will be a bummer -- I picked up a new class mid-semester that will conflict with it. :crying:

4. kismar

kismar Member

I just picked up my car on Thursday from Cleveland but they didn't mention anything about it, maybe they didn't know it's happening?

I'll try to make it, but I work in Farmington Hills, so I'd have to leave there around 1pm to get back to AA in time.

5. Jim MacInnes

Jim MacInnes Member

i went to the one in Grand Rapids and it was fun. There was a ribbon cutting, Tesla's Jim Chen was there and 20 Teslas were in attendance. It is great to support Tesla whenever we can. While Ann Arbor is far away for me, I will certainly try to make the Cadillac Mi grand opening which should be pretty soon.

6. Summitman7

Summitman7 Member

I am planning on being there. I received an email from Tesla with the details.

7. kismar

kismar Member

mind posting a copy of the details here?

8. Summitman7

Summitman7 Member

Join Us to Celebrate the Opening of the Ann Arbor Supercharger Station
    na-et-en_us-60x66-01.png
    Monday, November 2nd
    na-et-en_us-60x60-01.png
    2pm
    na-et-en_us-48x64-01.png
    Ann Arbor
    Supercharger Station

Located near Meijer
    We are excited to announce the opening of the Ann Arbor Supercharger Station. To commemorate this important milestone for Tesla and our Michigan community, we would like to invite you, your family and your friends to attend the ribbon cutting ceremony and celebrate with us.
    Details
    No RSVP is required for this event. Due to the expected volume of Model S owners, there might be a wait for charging. Please plan accordingly.

9. william5543

william5543 Member

I'm planning on attending. I'm a current TSLA shareholder and hopefully a future Model 3 owner. Also an active Michigan Electric Auto Association member. Currently a very happy Volt owner, but wanting to drive electric full time. Hope to see Forum friends there.

10. AB4EJ

AB4EJ Member

Based on past events, if you live in Ann Arbor, Tesla does not especially want you to be using the Ann Arbor supercharger. Maybe you'll get invited to a SC opening event that is 1,000 miles from your home. :biggrin:

11. KCMOP85D

KCMOP85D Member

I drove 130 miles from Kansas City, MO to the Columbia, MO Supercharger ribbon cutting. It was a fun event, especially with all the Tesla owners and the tech talk. I'd say it's worth your time.

Here are some snapshots from the Columbia event: Photos by Karl Bloss - Google Photos

Karl

12. bwestlak

bwestlak Member

Two of us from the Michigan Electric Auto Association board plan to be at the ribbon cutting today. I am also on the Tesla email list but didn't get a notice.

13. kismar

kismar Member

sadly I couldn't get away from work and back to AA for this, hopefully lots of people showed up!

14. physicsfita

physicsfita Member

^^^ me, too!