TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

ANN - EV-Point - for finding Electric Vehicle Charging Stations - iPhone/iPad

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by strongbow, Aug 30, 2012.

1. strongbow

strongbow New Member

Aug 30, 2012
    There's a new app for finding charging stations on the app store - called EV-Point.

It has quite a number of charging stations in the database, around Europe and the US mainly but also Australia and Japan.

Briefly, it:

• customises itself for a few languages depending on your phone settings;
    • Sets your location automatically if you allow it, so you can quickly find charging stations around you;
    • shows you the way on the map, as well as showing text directions with estimated distances and times;
    • Can email text directions if required.

Hope that someone finds it useful! Find it on the App Store or more info at

EV-Point - Recharge Station Finder

Any suggestions welcome.
  2. Jeff Andrews

Jeff Andrews Member

Jan 2, 2013
    San Luis Obispo, California, United States
  3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Mar 29, 2009
    Nixa, Missouri, United States
    $2 for a "me too" app that offer no clear advantages over the many excellent free apps out there makes this a "no deal" for me.

Now, make this one with route planning showing chargers along my planned route and recommended charge points based upon my predicted range taking into consideration elevation change, speed, & weather and you've got a sale.

One can't even tell how complete the database is, whether you can reserve chargers and/or see if a charger is in use. Does it include RV parks?

Not to rain on your parade, I appreciate the idea, but if you want my money you're going to have to sell your product too me as superior to what I already have.

Evan, Via Tapatalk
  4. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

Sep 23, 2012
    San Diego

completely agree