Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ANN - EV-Point - for finding Electric Vehicle Charging Stations - iPhone/iPad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

strongbow

Aug 30, 2012
There's a new app for finding charging stations on the app store - called EV-Point.

It has quite a number of charging stations in the database, around Europe and the US mainly but also Australia and Japan.

Briefly, it:

• customises itself for a few languages depending on your phone settings;
• Sets your location automatically if you allow it, so you can quickly find charging stations around you;
• shows you the way on the map, as well as showing text directions with estimated distances and times;
• Can email text directions if required.

Hope that someone finds it useful! Find it on the App Store or more info at

EV-Point - Recharge Station Finder

Any suggestions welcome.

$2 for a "me too" app that offer no clear advantages over the many excellent free apps out there makes this a "no deal" for me.

Now, make this one with route planning showing chargers along my planned route and recommended charge points based upon my predicted range taking into consideration elevation change, speed, & weather and you've got a sale.

One can't even tell how complete the database is, whether you can reserve chargers and/or see if a charger is in use. Does it include RV parks?

Not to rain on your parade, I appreciate the idea, but if you want my money you're going to have to sell your product too me as superior to what I already have.

Evan, Via Tapatalk

$2 for a "me too" app that offer no clear advantages over the many excellent free apps out there makes this a "no deal" for me.

Now, make this one with route planning showing chargers along my planned route and recommended charge points based upon my predicted range taking into consideration elevation change, speed, & weather and you've got a sale.

One can't even tell how complete the database is, whether you can reserve chargers and/or see if a charger is in use. Does it include RV parks?

Not to rain on your parade, I appreciate the idea, but if you want my money you're going to have to sell your product too me as superior to what I already have.

Evan, Via Tapatalk

completely agree