TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anniversary of my MS60

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Apoclyps, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Apoclyps

Apoclyps Member

One year ago today, I picked up my black beauty from the Costa Mesa SvC. Like so many before me (and everyone after) I was giddy with anticipation. I did not know what I had gotten myself into, had a lot of uneasiness with purchasing a car from a new company with possibilities that it may go under... and plopping down a ginormous amount of money (3x more than any car I've ever bought). perhaps I was smoking something (ha!) but after a week of mulling it over I took the plunge.

One year later I am still loving the car and am still giddy. It is an electric car with so much more style, grace, and power/speed than any other. My car now has 18500 miles driven. That's a 50% increase in miles driven than I normally drive in a year. That shows how much fun one has when driving. My very first trip was a trip to Palm Springs, 6 days after picking up the car. Definitely had some range anxiety but my pre-planning and helpful suggestions from fellow owners made the trip enjoyable and I never worried about range again. I have driven to SD, Magic Mountain, and even Napa. i am fortunate to live in CA, where the Superchargers and L2 chargers are more abundant.

Looking forward to the next year and beyond and the many improvements to the charging network, the car, and the follow-on vehicles.

Happy Easter, Ishtar or MJ day everyone!

2. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Happy anniversary! Mine is just a couple of weeks away. I remember when you took delivery, your pics and posts helped me pass the time for sure!

3. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Congrats Apoclyps. See you and your MS60 next week at the OC meeting

4. xhawk101

xhawk101 Active Member

My ms 60 bday was april 17. Celebrated with my third miami trip in the year turning over 16k miles. Love it when someone in new ferrari stops you on south beach to let you know they lust after your Tesla ;)

5. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Happy Anniversary, fellow 60 brothers!

6. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

It's only been nine months for me and my S60. But my average driving went up 100% over the consistent 8k miles a year I did each of the last 11 years...
    I was so giddy after the test drive, I wasn't able to wait and bought the car on the showroom floor and took it home less than a week later. Haven't regretted the decision.
    (except for the moments where I wish I had a MC red S85 instead of a gray S60...) :)

7. Twiddler

Twiddler Member

We celebrated ours on Feb 12th - I bought Ohmar a 9V battery. He loved it.

8. johnbr

johnbr Member

just celebrated her birthday on April 10-11 with a trip from socal to Fremont for the factory tour. :) still living it, definitely never gets old!

9. selsrog

selsrog Member

These stories ease the pain of waiting ;-).
    Congrats, and keep having fun!