TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Announces Sales vs "Recall"

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by airj1012, Jan 14, 2014.

1. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Is this the first time that Tesla has announced sales numbers prior to the earnings call? I'm just curious if they tried to down play the "recall" with the great sales numbers. I've got nothing against the tactic if it's true, actually I like the move, but just more curious about past quarters and if this is an anomaly.

2. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

I believe they announced Q1 either the evening of 3/31 or on 4/1.

3. 772

772 Member

I'm not sure if this is the first time, but the timing could not have been better for Tesla. The reca11 reports today seemed to have been released right before their press conference at the NAIAS, so I doubt they released sales numbers as a response to that. I don't think anyone was expecting Tesla to release Q4 delivery numbers today. When that story hit, the reca11 reports (which essentially amounted to old news and business that Tesla had already taken care of) were completely drowned out.

4. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

They gave a heads up for the Q1 report last year. It was a courteous fair warning for the shorts. Some didn't take heed.

5. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

When you're that far above guidance it's good governance to get the information out as soon as possible. In any company there will be many employees aware of such a deviation versus previous public guidance and that would open the door to insider trading, accidental or deliberate. Tesla is following established practice.