Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoyed? Just lower your "DCA" investment by buying another Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... pRobLeM sOLvEd
Not so easy,

- 1. Trade value decreased too, not like selling your car during the pandemic.
- 2. Depending of your county, sales taxes in California varies between 7.74% and 10.25%
- 3. The California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) is $2,000 (or $4,500 for Low Income) for Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) ** Not $3k **
- 4. If you make a lot of long trips, FSD is really a valuable option but add another $15k to the final price, unless you just plan getting a subscription.

So, is keeping your "DCA" investment better than buying another (or replacing your) Tesla?
- Well if you have for example a high mileage, or need a new car, I would certainly jump on this opportunity for getting a discount Tesla.
- Price is certainly an important criteria, but I would be more influenced by a big technological evolution which could not be retrofitted
(Like better v4 cameras, longer range 4680 batteries, air suspension, Model 3 hatchback version or more practical and larger trunk access, ...)
because my current Tesla get updated almost every week, and I don't feel having an outdated model.
(It was interesting to hear that Franz von Holzhausen still drive his 2018 Model 3 RWD as his everyday car).

In conclusion, this Tesla discount and IRA rebate are very tempting but CA sales taxes and FSD subscription, negate the deal, IMO,
and I will certainly keep my "DCA" investment for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Not so easy,

- 2. Depending of your county, sales taxes in California varies between 7.74% and 10.25%
- 3. The California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) is $2,000 (or $4,500 for Low Income) for Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) ** Not $3k **
- 4. If you make a lot of long trips, FSD is really a valuable option but add another $15k to the final price, unless you just plan getting a subscription.

So, is keeping your "DCA" investment better than buying another (or replacing your) Tesla?
- Well if you have for example a high mileage, or need a new car, I would certainly jump on this opportunity for getting a discount Tesla.
- Price is certainly an important criteria, but I would be more influenced by a big technological evolution which could not be retrofitted
(Like better v4 cameras, longer range 4680 batteries, air suspension, Model 3 hatchback version or more practical and larger trunk access, ...)
because my current Tesla get updated almost every week, and I don't feel having an outdated model.
(It was interesting to hear that Franz von Holzhausen still drive his 2018 Model 3 RWD as his everyday car).

In conclusion, this Tesla discount and IRA rebate are very tempting but CA sales taxes and FSD subscription, negate the deal, IMO,
I think OP is just coping. I'm coping too, got the itches and all that currently.

Not so easy,

1. I am not trading anything.
2. Sales tax is factored into my "net" out the door price of 49k for my Model Y
3. I am not talking about the CVRP, I am talking about Drive Clean San Joaquin
4. FSD is a terrible value at $15,000 and I would never fathom buying it for that.