Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoyed that Vancouver Tesla SC wants to charge to fix Model 3 creaking issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a horrible creaking noise coming from somewhere in the front of my Tesla Model 3P Dual Motor AWD car. The car is 10 months old now... and the creaking noise makes it sound like a 15 year old car. I scheduled a service and got this message:

“In regards to your upcoming service request, please note, the New Vehicle warranty does not cover any normal noises and vibrations, including, but not limited to, brake squeal, general knocks, creaks, rattles, and wind and road vibration for which there are no malfunctioning parts requiring replacement. To have these noises addressed, Tesla requires approval for two hours of labor time at $175.00 to diagnose any noises. If we determine the noises to be the result of a malfunctioning part or manufacturing defect, this fee will be waived.”

I know there is a chance that the fee will be waived but I think it’s ridiculous that they might charge me two hour of labor at $175 per hour or $350 to get this issue fixed. From what I have been reading online, other Model 3 owners have experienced this creaking issue. Could you let me know if you managed to get it fixed and if you were charged a fee by your SC?

Thanks!

Yes and no... Warranty apparently doesn’t cover creaks and rattles for which there are no malfunctioning parts requiring replacement. So if it’s a part that’s shifted or something that’s causing the creaking and it is just adjusted and not replaced they could technically charge you.

New Vehicle warranty does not cover any normal noises and vibrations, including, but not limited to, brake squeal, general knocks, creaks, rattles, and wind and road vibration for which there are no malfunctioning parts requiring replacement.

Visited the SC today. Drove with a tech who said the creaking was due to the bushings. Left the car at the SC. Just got the repair report that shows they had to replace the Front Upper Control Arm. Good news: It was covered under the warranty!
Thank you Tesla!

Attachments

• 9D6E39F5-7851-417E-9601-3FB4958BF0F0.jpeg
    9D6E39F5-7851-417E-9601-3FB4958BF0F0.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 113