Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoyed with delivery situation to Alberta Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my Y May 15th in Edmonton Alberta Canada and showing a delivery date of Aug 24th-Sept 14th and that date changes daily. I've seen it as late as Oct. Communication has been horrible. When I first put the order in I had a delivery date for June that held for a while so naturally I sold my vehicle trying to time it. Well, now Ive bin stuck without a ride since June and it sucks. I understand the demand for Tesla and chip shortages and all the other problems but they sure have a bad habit of over promising and under delivering. I guess the positives are that prices went up and Im locked in other than I got approved for 2.8% financing and who knows where that will be when I finally get a vin number and confirmation on delivery. Anyway Im starting to get a little annoyed with the tedious process and lack of communication. I highly doubt Tesla will give me some free charging or help with anything for the inconvenience. It's bin an absolute pain in the ass to say it nicely.

• Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
Our 2020 MX was a pain for delivery too, I ended up getting my own shipping company. Completely different than the 2017 MS, though it had a bad camera from day 1. First trip the car went on was Calgary to Texas, and no cruise control or AP for any of it was ugly. Once fixed, it was awesome.

It’s worth noting that my salesperson knew more than anyone else, though I’m certain he thinks I’m an ass because he generally was the lightning rod for the various communication problems, and frustrations.

You’ll love the car. But getting to the point of having owned it for a week or so can be an ugly experience.

I’m not having a great experience in Edmonton either, mainly due to the (almost) total lack of communication. The latest was an email response 6 days after my email inquiring about production date of MYP since I was closing in on my EDD. The response from the SA was to tell me how I can login to my Tesla account to check my EDD!? So I pushed back and asked again and he said we can’t see anything about your car until a VIN is assigned, which I don’t believe given all the info on this forum. Some transparency would be nice as it would help with planning.

Ordered a M3 in July in Nova Scotia. Delivery kept changing almost weekly (Started 1st to be in September). By November, changes to December, then January, finally June! So I bought a used 2020. Dinged the tail light in my novice week of ownership, 3rd week of November and still waiting for replacement parts to fix it (a DHL issue, Tesla did ship quickly). Not the fairy tale I'd hoped for. Love the car though I wish communication with the Tesla company was easier and more accurate.