TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Annoyed with sales lack of information

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by robt_sf, Jul 9, 2018.

1. robt_sf

robt_sf Member

I have a highly optioned P model on order since the 26th of June. I decided on Friday I was going to add the FSD which was not selected originally. I tried calling to the 800 Number but they won't talk to Model 3 customers since they're too busy, instead they say to talk to a Tesla Store. Went to the local one (Burlingame CA) and asked the question if adding the FSD to an already configured car will reset or delay my position in line. Was told that since its just a software item rather than actual hardware / color / etc then it wont affect the dates.

Just placed the edit order and now I'm kicked back a month. $41t! Was slated for Aug to October now Sep to Nov. Not a huge deal but Tesla's lack of clarity on stuff is bothersome. Anyone have a phone number of a human I can talk to and reason with? Other than their main number? Anyone had luck with getting it fixed given a similar situation.

2. dano9258

dano9258 Member

I had the same thing happen to me adding EAP. However I saw somewhere that it's just the system and Tesla has stated your actual timeframe didn't really move back....

3. clostridium

clostridium Supporting Member

I changed from AWD to P and saw my timeframe stay the same rather than improve. And this was just a few days apart. I think as others have said these estimates appear to be completely arbitrary and not necessarily based on any data. I’m hopeful that they will update the estimates over time as they are able to sustain the production volume.

4. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

guestimates...

So many variables, it is hard to know perfectly.

5. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

The delivery date is generated by coding in a "Magic 8 Ball" function.

I'm not even sure if its Aug-October 2018.

Best not to watch the boiling pot lest you go crazy. No need to think about it until others get their deliveries and they can post their timelines.

For financial reasons, I suspect Tesla will try to deliver all P3's by end of September.

• Like x 2
  6. Terthen

Terthen Member

My experience was exactly like you posted. I ordered a black, LR, pup model 3. My estimate was sep to nov, up until the day before delivery which was last week. Even after my ISA had said she had a car reserved for me, the delivery date never updated. I was doing a trade in though which may have affected me, but again the delivery date stayed in that sept to nov window.

• Informative x 1