Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoyed with TACC acceleration - are you?

Would you want to be able to adjust TACC accel?

• Yes, its annoying, please let me select a lower rate of acceleration

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Its not great, but it doesn't bother me

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • No, its completely fine.

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else wish they could change the rate of acceleration when TACC is catching back up to the car in front of you/max speed? Typically after a slow car moves a lane over and you have an opening and get jerked forward? why does the car want to accelerate so quickly? It should be more gradual. Half the time it accelerates and the next person cuts you off, then its back to slamming on the brakes. Its not ridiculous, but sometimes extremely annoying, and could be smoother. Also a waste of energy. Seems it should be easy to have a "cruise control recovery speed" setting that the user could select.. even a 1, 2 3 setting.

I have the exact opposite experience, especially at stoplights. Albeit, I've only started noticing this with v9. I recall v8 being more aggressive. I suspect the new obstacle aware acceleration may be the culprit. I'll be turning it off and see if there's any improvement.

Anyone else wish they could change the rate of acceleration when TACC is catching back up to the car in front of you/max speed? Typically after a slow car moves a lane over and you have an opening and get jerked forward? why does the car want to accelerate so quickly? It should be more gradual. Half the time it accelerates and the next person cuts you off, then its back to slamming on the brakes. Its not ridiculous, but sometimes extremely annoying, and could be smoother. Also a waste of energy. Seems it should be easy to have a "cruise control recovery speed" setting that the user could select.. even a 1, 2 3 setting.

I think that is what Chill mode is for. You can put that on, and the acceleration will be more gradual.

Reactions: KArnold
I have the exact opposite experience, especially at stoplights. Albeit, I've only started noticing this with v9. I recall v8 being more aggressive. I suspect the new obstacle aware acceleration may be the culprit. I'll be turning it off and see if there's any improvement.

Same here but I have noticed no difference if I turn obstacle aware acceleration off. My car is noticeably less aggressive when accelerating from a stop and the car in front of me is beyond my set follow distance. Have noticed it this way since v9. I liked the more aggressive acceleration and find I often help it along manually by stepping on the accelerator until I catch back up.

Same here but I have noticed no difference if I turn obstacle aware acceleration off. My car is noticeably less aggressive when accelerating from a stop and the car in front of me is beyond my set follow distance. Have noticed it this way since v9. I liked the more aggressive acceleration and find I often help it along manually by stepping on the accelerator until I catch back up.

Definitely agree, off the line it can be a little too slow. Cars crossing in front of you it’s way conservative on, as well as a car turning off the road in front of you, have to give it some gas to act more human.