Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying half second pauses with connected devices? Anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TMC Brain Trust

2019 Tesla Model S Raven

Last month, maybe an update or two ago, I started getting this annoying 1/2 second “pause” or “skip” when I listen to my USB music or talk to anyone on my phone via the Bluetooth connection. It’s particularly annoying when Im talking on the phone as it causes me to miss a word every time it skips. It started at the same exact time with both my phone and my USB stick, so I’m pretty sure it’s a Tesla thing and not a my devices thing. These skips happen maybe once every two minutes or so, although I noticed with the update that got pushed to me last night, it actually made the skips happen more frequently.

Anyone else had this issue before I send it off to maintenance? Thanks.

TMC Brain Trust

2019 Tesla Model S Raven

Last month, maybe an update or two ago, I started getting this annoying 1/2 second “pause” or “skip” when I listen to my USB music or talk to anyone on my phone via the Bluetooth connection. It’s particularly annoying when Im talking on the phone as it causes me to miss a word every time it skips. It started at the same exact time with both my phone and my USB stick, so I’m pretty sure it’s a Tesla thing and not a my devices thing. These skips happen maybe once every two minutes or so, although I noticed with the update that got pushed to me last night, it actually made the skips happen more frequently.

Anyone else had this issue before I send it off to maintenance? Thanks.
Yes I'm seeing the issue too. For me it isn't limited to BT connections, it happens with all my streaming audio. VERY annoying.

Yes I'm seeing the issue too. For me it isn't limited to BT connections, it happens with all my streaming audio. VERY annoying.

I'm surprised other people haven't reported it either. I put it up on the FaceBook forum and here and you're the only one to report it besides me.

There are a couple of similar threads below. I'm not getting the static- just the skips.

I'm going to put in a service request just to add my name to the list of the issue below. Hopefully the more people complain, the faster they'll get it fixed. It's obviously a Tesla induced issue as a month ago everything was fine.

Me too - for perhaps the past month or so, or last few software updates, I've been getting random gaps/skips in streaming audio - happens with both Apple Music and Spotify. Haven't been listening to USB, Slacker or TuneIn lately so can't say if those are affected as well. Currently on 2023.2.12. Seems to happen randomly every several minutes, the sound just momentarily cuts out for a fraction of a second. Very annoying

Having same 1. audio problem here as well as:
2. slight increased phantom battery drain (no setting were changed as previous SW)
3. TPMS readings are now on opposite sides ( left wheels are reading right side on dash and vise versa)

SW version 2023.2.12

Me too - for perhaps the past month or so, or last few software updates, I've been getting random gaps/skips in streaming audio - happens with both Apple Music and Spotify. Haven't been listening to USB, Slacker or TuneIn lately so can't say if those are affected as well. Currently on 2023.2.12. Seems to happen randomly every several minutes, the sound just momentarily cuts out for a fraction of a second. Very annoying
I’m experiencing the same issue. Happens with all audio sources for me. Quite annoying. Started a month or so ago.

update: did some further listening and I confirm the problem definitely also happens with USB audio, as well as Apple Music and Spotify. So it's not an LTE connectivity issue. as stated the problem seems to have started recently, in past month or so.

Reactions: ualdriver
My 2018 model S is also pausing on all streaming stations and phone calls. Issue started in early February. I've scheduled 4 appointments with each one getting canceled 24hrs before appointment date. I'm being told it's a known software issue.

My 2018 model S is also pausing on all streaming stations and phone calls. Issue started in early February. I've scheduled 4 appointments with each one getting canceled 24hrs before appointment date. I'm being told it's a known software issue.

I've also read in some other threads that people have been told this is a known software issue, though no indication of when to expect a fix. Someone also mentioned it affects ALL audio in the car including turn signal clicking sounds, chimes, etc. Still happening in my MS with firmware 2023.6.1

Yes, I am having the same issue. I started to see the issue around a month after they added Apple Music support which I am using. I submitted a bug report for few times. It got better but the issue is still there. With the latest SW update: 2023.6.8, the Apple Music is stop working completely and for some reason few of my button at the steering wheel step working with this update??? Not sure if they really testing before release? Come on Tesla... Power cycled my car few times and the issue is persisting.

Just got 2023.6.8 update last night, and this problem with frequent random silent gaps in the audio seems to be fixed now. Only drove for about an hour total over several trips but not a single gap so far after the update.
I agree the 2023.6.8 update has solved the problem. Just wish the release notes had more context on this issue. Instead it reads new language support for Iceland