TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Annoying Message when Docking my Phone

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by acraigl, Aug 19, 2018.

1. acraigl

acraigl Member

Does anyone else get this message after a few minutes of having their (Samsung) phone connected to the car dock? I understand why it's happening (I think) but not how to prevent it from happening every time. I tried changing the USB config to charge only in developer settings, but it seems to revert back to MTP automatically.

Any suggestions for a way to get rid of this would be appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. acraigl

acraigl Member

Just me then? :(

3. Runebane

Runebane Member

I have a Samsung S9+ Android and I do not get that message. And I don't do much file sharing with my phone, but I think there's an option to turn it off, you may want to try that and turn it on when you use it? Unless you use it regularly.

4. acraigl

acraigl Member

Thanks for the reply! I assumed since this is a data-enabled USB port it's trying to simply read the data off the phone, but since the phone can't recognize the handshake, the message appears.

If you know a way to disable this let me know -- I can set the USB mode to charge only, but it reverts back to MPT between sessions.