Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying NEW beeping proximity chimes (after HW3 upgrade)

rjdoc74

Feb 27, 2014
LA, CA
My 4/18 made MX P100X just received a new HW3 computer on Monday. Right after I left SC I noticed NEW "beep beep beep" type of chime when my car is close to an object (ex, another car pulls up close to me, etc). It is loud, very annoying, and overrides radio/music. It also doesn't turn off until obstruction is resolved (ex, car starts moving). This is not eliminated with Joe mode or Turn off parking chimes selectors on. Anyone experiencing the same?

shinytop

Nov 27, 2018
Pensacola
Mine was HW3 from factory. The chimes stop when I stop. Backing into parking space get chimes and distance from object until I stop.

rjdoc74

Feb 27, 2014
LA, CA

This is me decelerating towards a freeway entrance. Tri-lane ramp onto a freeway. Cars on either side of me NOT TOO CLOSE. Seems like my sensors are overly sensitive. Any ideas?

Last edited:

jboy210

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California

This is me decelerating towards a freeway entrance. Tri-lane ramp onto a freeway. Cars on either side of me NOT TOO CLOSE. Seems like my sensors are overly sensitive. Any ideas?

I would drive it for a 50-100 miles and if it did not self-calibrate, take it back to the SC and have them fix it.

Reactions: rjdoc74

W0rster

Oct 9, 2019
California
I had my upgrade done at the Santa Barbara service center, Where was yours done?

Beeping continues in Park and only stops after car is exited and shuts down.

rjdoc74

Feb 27, 2014
LA, CA
I had my upgrade done at the Santa Barbara service center, Where was yours done?

Beeping continues in Park and only stops after car is exited and shuts down.

Burbank. Yep, I am getting the same thing. I hope it’s calibration. I have another appointment 10/21 (don’t ask lol), so I will bring it up if it doesn’t go away.

rjdoc74

Feb 27, 2014
LA, CA
Hey, so I took my car to service center. Tech listened very carefully, verified my videos and told me that he was 99 percent sure that it’s software problem. “This will be solved with future software updates” he said. He said he would run this by corporate, get back to me by the end of the day and I didn’t need to leave my car. Of course no one got back to me. So that’s where I am at. Let me know if you hear something else.

W0rster

Oct 9, 2019
California
It does seem like a software issue, but I just rode with in friend's S with a new HW3 upgrade and current software, and he definitely does NOT have the same problem. Will advise.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC