Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying NEW beeping proximity chimes (after HW3 upgrade)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had MCU1 to MCU2 upgrade done last week and got HW3 installed. Mine has the annoying beeping also. Even when I'm on the highway and there is a car next to me it starts beeping. If I'm at a drive through line it constantly starts beeping as if I am about to hit something even though my car is not close to a curb or object. Hopefully there is a fix.

Do you think the mcu1 to mcu 2 was worth the 2500. I’m thinking about having it done to our 6/17 x100d. I already bought fsd.

I thought it was totally worth it. We had purchased our LR Model 3 first and got the Model X after as a new demo inventory in June 2019. The Model 3 had a much more responsive and reliable screen while the MCU1 X struggled with voice commands, long distance navigation route planning, and was extremely laggy and a very poor experience when comparing the 2. You lose FM/AM/XM if you do the MCU2 upgrade but I never used those much and all the stations I cared about are on tune in. If you plan to keep your AP2.5 MCU1 car for a while I highly recommend the upgrade.