Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying NEW beeping proximity chimes (after HW3 upgrade)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed on some posts regarding the upgrade that different cars are broken down into groupings.
ie. Group 0

Does anyone have any insight on how tesla has grouped cars?
I have a 2016 HW 2.0 FSD Model X and was wondering what group I would be placed.

I have the same issue on my MS. It’s really annoying and I’m taking it back in the morning and asking them to install hw2.5. I can’t drive like this it’s just awful. I’m on 32.12.2
firstsnow: Since you have 32.12.2 and others with that revision and the HW3,0 upgrade do not have the problem while still others have 32.11 and do have the problem, this implies that the problem is not just software.

firstsnow: Since you have 32.12.2 and others with that revision and the HW3,0 upgrade do not have the problem while still others have 32.11 and do have the problem, this implies that the problem is not just software.

Well, its either software or a defective computer because it affects all sensors. I doubt all sensors went bad at the same time.

I got a text from SC tech last night (after 3 day delay) that he is very sure it is the software and he had "pushed" software update to my car. It has been over 24 hours on wifi and still no update. I am on 32.11.1

Did anyone with MCU1 get HW3 upgrade? And if so, did they need to upgrade the MCU?

A tech told me HW3 requires MCU2 a few months ago ... but I haven’t been able to confirm this. If someone did get HW3 without touching their MCU1, then obviously he was mistaken.

SC was able to resolve the issue by installing a patch. Software still shows as 32.12.2 but definitely don't hear the loud beeping anymore. I tested it out in a parking lot and it's completely fine now.

I was contacted by Tesla SC tech via text yesterday and was told they have loaded a wrong version of firmware after they replaced my HW (I am not surprised). He stated that they will be pushing new firmware later on in the day. It did arrive and after a dozen failed attempts (first time that ever happened) was installed. It is version 32.12.4 and I can confirm that it fixed the proximity detection issue.

• Informative
Reactions: VikH
I was contacted by Tesla SC tech via text yesterday and was told they have loaded a wrong version of firmware after they replaced my HW (I am not surprised). He stated that they will be pushing new firmware later on in the day. It did arrive and after a dozen failed attempts (first time that ever happened) was installed. It is version 32.12.4 and I can confirm that it fixed the proximity detection issue.
This makes sense. I have an appointment in two weeks (I'm out of state until then). Hopefully they will send the update before I return.

Does you summon function work?