Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying noise from drivers seat cushion! Is this normal?

My drivers seat back cushion (lower part) makes an annoying creaking/popping from the seat cushion. Almost seems like it's from where it rubs or touches the bottom seat cushion. Every time I move in the seat it makes this noise. Anyone else experience this or know how to fit it? Here's a video of what I'm describing:

mark95476

Jun 21, 2020
Bay Area CA
Have you tried adjusting the lumbar and other seat controls to see if that makes a difference?

I don't have any noises from my seats and I've been in them a lot, both driving and resting. I take frequent breaks and watch YouTube (and Netflix occasionally) and recline my seats so I'm adjusting them quite often.

I hate to bring this back up, but my 2021 is doing this now too. Started this winter and I thought it was just the cold, But it has gotten much worse. Every left turn you can hear it as one leans a little into the seat. I can also lean back a little or to the right myself just sitting still and make it happen.
I ended up taking off the seat back and wedging a couple thin pieces of cloth between the areas where the seat bottom/backs come together. It was a super simple fix and has eliminated the noise.

.Slug

Rollin' around in a 2022 Model 3 Performance
Nov 8, 2021
CA
My 2022 M3P just developed this after 9K miles. SOOO annoying. Had a service appointment for today but canceled it to attempt to address it myself. Need to also learn how to remove the seat backs. I think there are some LED posts somewhere that include the instructions for removing the seat backs. I'll have to hunt it down.

My 2022 M3P just developed this after 9K miles. SOOO annoying. Had a service appointment for today but canceled it to attempt to address it myself. Need to also learn how to remove the seat backs. I think there are some LED posts somewhere that include the instructions for removing the seat backs. I'll have to hunt it down.
It's really easy to remove the seat backs. I remember they pop out after pulling off the headrest. Once you get them off you can isolate the noise and stuff some cloth/velcro in there to eliminate the noise. My noise went away by doing this, but has come back again so I'll be doing it again as well.

Reactions: .Slug

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC