Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying noise from drivers seat cushion! Is this normal?

DanF861

Jul 21, 2020
Twin CIties, MN
My drivers seat back cushion (lower part) makes an annoying creaking/popping from the seat cushion. Almost seems like it's from where it rubs or touches the bottom seat cushion. Every time I move in the seat it makes this noise. Anyone else experience this or know how to fit it? Here's a video of what I'm describing:

Afgdrummer

Nov 25, 2020
Temecula, CA
I have a noise that seems to be coming from the seat back not the base. At least to my ears. It's more of a creak. It happens when I take a left turn. SC claims they can't replicate it but next time I take it in, I'm going to do a test drive to prove to them. It's a very annoying sound.

czbuckeye

Sep 24, 2020
Ohio
I had the same issue, January 2021 build. First time I took it in they oiled it up and the sound disappeared for a day. Next time they replaced the seat base and they said their was a service bulletin regarding the issue. Good luck it was annoying!

RFM3_2018

Jun 15, 2019
California
My service guy was telling me the noise is from when I lean in the seat and the seat pushes against the center console. I miss my 2018 Model 3, no creaks or rattles in that one. was a perfect build

MY-Y

Mar 4, 2020
MD
There was a label tag on the cable just under the seat trim by the door near the floor that was making a crinkling noise on mine. I was able to reach behind the plastic trim and pull the label off.

mark95476

Jun 21, 2020
Bay Area CA
Have you tried adjusting the lumbar and other seat controls to see if that makes a difference?

I don't have any noises from my seats and I've been in them a lot, both driving and resting. I take frequent breaks and watch YouTube (and Netflix occasionally) and recline my seats so I'm adjusting them quite often.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC