Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying noise from drivers seat cushion! Is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a noise that seems to be coming from the seat back not the base. At least to my ears. It's more of a creak. It happens when I take a left turn. SC claims they can't replicate it but next time I take it in, I'm going to do a test drive to prove to them. It's a very annoying sound.

I had the same issue, January 2021 build. First time I took it in they oiled it up and the sound disappeared for a day. Next time they replaced the seat base and they said their was a service bulletin regarding the issue. Good luck it was annoying!

There was a label tag on the cable just under the seat trim by the door near the floor that was making a crinkling noise on mine. I was able to reach behind the plastic trim and pull the label off.

Have you tried adjusting the lumbar and other seat controls to see if that makes a difference?

I don't have any noises from my seats and I've been in them a lot, both driving and resting. I take frequent breaks and watch YouTube (and Netflix occasionally) and recline my seats so I'm adjusting them quite often.

I hate to bring this back up, but my 2021 is doing this now too. Started this winter and I thought it was just the cold, But it has gotten much worse. Every left turn you can hear it as one leans a little into the seat. I can also lean back a little or to the right myself just sitting still and make it happen.

Reactions: Korchva
I hate to bring this back up, but my 2021 is doing this now too. Started this winter and I thought it was just the cold, But it has gotten much worse. Every left turn you can hear it as one leans a little into the seat. I can also lean back a little or to the right myself just sitting still and make it happen.
I ended up taking off the seat back and wedging a couple thin pieces of cloth between the areas where the seat bottom/backs come together. It was a super simple fix and has eliminated the noise.

I had Tesla look at mine 3X until finally one of the techs “placed leather conditioner to seat cushion” and it took care of it. They didn’t have to replace anything. Other 2 times told me it’s normal…… it was an annoying creaking sound.

My 2022 M3P just developed this after 9K miles. SOOO annoying. Had a service appointment for today but canceled it to attempt to address it myself. Need to also learn how to remove the seat backs. I think there are some LED posts somewhere that include the instructions for removing the seat backs. I'll have to hunt it down.

My 2022 M3P just developed this after 9K miles. SOOO annoying. Had a service appointment for today but canceled it to attempt to address it myself. Need to also learn how to remove the seat backs. I think there are some LED posts somewhere that include the instructions for removing the seat backs. I'll have to hunt it down.
It's really easy to remove the seat backs. I remember they pop out after pulling off the headrest. Once you get them off you can isolate the noise and stuff some cloth/velcro in there to eliminate the noise. My noise went away by doing this, but has come back again so I'll be doing it again as well.

Reactions: .Slug