Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying noise from drivers seat cushion! Is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Determined on my own that mine depends on seat position (forward/backward) on the chair rails. Seat all the way back causes it. If I move the seat slightly forward noise goes away. Probably the chair sleds are misaligned. Must have moved over time just slightly because I had the chair all the way back for about the first 9K miles in the car. My solution currently is just to have the seat forward just a smidge.

Just got a call from the service manager pretty much telling me they've given up on this problem and that they've invested too much time in my car. Says sounds from my seat are normal. Today was my 4th visit yet somehow it's normal. I asked why they worked on it the last 3 times and he said "it was goodwill. check your invoices". Well, I did that and all say "verified customer concern. Basic vehicle limited warranty".

The customer service at Tesla is horrible. The guy was so rude. Avoid Rudy at Buena Park

Here is the normal noise

Reactions: t00taloo
Just got a call from the service manager pretty much telling me they've given up on this problem and that they've invested too much time in my car. Says sounds from my seat are normal. Today was my 4th visit yet somehow it's normal. I asked why they worked on it the last 3 times and he said "it was goodwill. check your invoices". Well, I did that and all say "verified customer concern. Basic vehicle limited warranty".

The customer service at Tesla is horrible. The guy was so rude. Avoid Rudy at Buena Park

Here is the normal noise
Geez, why don't they just replace the seat? Maybe try another SC?

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Mine is starting to make popping sounds when I shift around in the seat. I got it to subside by adjusting the lumbar around. Not ideal but the noises do seem to be related to where the seat is positioned and especially the lumbar bladder rubbing something inside.

The majority of the noise related issues that I faced were from the seatbelt area on the driver side and the bolt holding the right side seat rail.

I bought replacement aftermarket lock washers and then I torqued the bolts down For the rear rail bolts.

It has largely fixed the problem. I’ve been wondering if Teflon washers would be a better solution, as the noise wouldn’t be made. Of course, I’m not sure the slight shifting in the seat rail would stop, it at least it wouldn’t be generating any noise….

The majority of the noise related issues that I faced were from the seatbelt area on the driver side and the bolt holding the right side seat rail.

I bought replacement aftermarket lock washers and then I torqued the bolts down For the rear rail bolts.

It has largely fixed the problem. I’ve been wondering if Teflon washers would be a better solution, as the noise wouldn’t be made. Of course, I’m not sure the slight shifting in the seat rail would stop, it at least it wouldn’t be generating any noise….
I have this same rattle. Was it difficult removing the cover and replacing washer etc?

My June 21 build also creaked a month after I’ve had it. I took the seat back off and the seat cushion. Lubed and felted several areas. No more noise. I’ve been a Mercedes Tech for 18 years dealing with squeak and rattles. I have fixed numerous noises in my vehicle. I refuse to have those monkeys working on my car if needed

When tesla fixed the passanger front door not shutting properly issue, which seems to be very common, they adjusted the window track inside the door. I think they left something loose as it constantly rattles every drive, the entire drive. So damn annoying, so i need to get this stupid thing scheduled for all these noise issues. I am not a tech, so i have no business messing with this stuff, unfortunately.

My June 21 build also creaked a month after I’ve had it. I took the seat back off and the seat cushion. Lubed and felted several areas. No more noise. I’ve been a Mercedes Tech for 18 years dealing with squeak and rattles. I have fixed numerous noises in my vehicle. I refuse to have those monkeys working on my car if needed
Actually, one of the techs mentioned that was very common

Stumbled on this thread as I’m battling little things here and there for my drivers seat. Sounds similar to everyone’s in this thread. Thinking I may just pull the back piece off and look around. Not a lot of confidence tesla will fix from haha I’ve read.
For the guys that took the back plate off and fixed them selves, what areas did you work on? Pics?