Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying radio feature after 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since I downloaded 6.1, and with no improvement after the 6.1 update last week, the radio is on when I get in the car in the morning, depsite my having either turned off the radio or not used it the day before. It seems like a minor thing, but I listen to very different music than my wife listens to, and at a very different sound level. It's a bit jarring to have loud rock music blare at you first thing in the morning. What's odd is that it only inapporiately turns on in the mornings, never in the evenings or at lunch. Does anyone else experience this?

Ever since I downloaded 6.1, and with no improvement after the 6.1 update last week, the radio is on when I get in the car in the morning, depsite my having either turned off the radio or not used it the day before. It seems like a minor thing, but I listen to very different music than my wife listens to, and at a very different sound level. It's a bit jarring to have loud rock music blare at you first thing in the morning. What's odd is that it only inapporiately turns on in the mornings, never in the evenings or at lunch. Does anyone else experience this?
Oddly, that happens to me with Slacker and not with the radio. I've got .115, btw.

Let me clarify my OP - I only ever listen to Slacker and put it on pause from the steering wheel (the closest I know of turning it off). Regardless of whether it was paused all day, as I'm driving into my garage or after I park the car, it is playing in the morning. I always ensure it is pause before I leave the car. It does not do this if I use the car in the evening or lunch - only in the morning. And it does it every morning.

Oddly, I have not experienced this on any of the three versions of 6.1 I've had. If I pause Slacker, it is right there paused at the exact same spot when I return in the morning. I only mention this as a point of interest and to suggest the problem may not be universal.

I wish I could get slacker to start a song over. Or the previous song, when you accidentally hit skip forward button when trying to do a volume wheel up... and ... the song you wanted to hear is now long gone! Ugh. Slacker's rules about over-playing a song means if you do the same search again, you'll only get a "station" with hint or promise that the song might be there... but it won't be the first thing playing. (Which is just a dumb thing to inflict upon people.)

- - - Updated - - -

Simply turn the volume down till the "x" appears to turn the sound system off.

Sound system off... or just "sound off"

I don't think the system is ever off so long as the centre console is lit up.

That's a solution, sure, but the issue is this is a new behavior, at least for my car, following the 6.1 release. I've always had to unpause the radio if I paused it before leaving the car. And again, the odd thing is it only happens in the morning.

Oddly, I have not experienced this on any of the three versions of 6.1 I've had. If I pause Slacker, it is right there paused at the exact same spot when I return in the morning. I only mention this as a point of interest and to suggest the problem may not be universal.

I have had the same experience. I'm actually surprised that it will keep the pause for however long I am away from the car.

Concurring with LarryC and joer00--this is a new bug in 6.1. It's not just in the morning, though. I think it has to do with if the car has powered off and then powers up again. I do have it set for sleep mode, so if I'm away for a couple hours, it will do this. When I come out from work and get in the car, Slacker unpauses and plays when I open the door.