TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Annoying radio feature after 6.1

Discussion in 'Model S' started by LarryC, Feb 5, 2015.

1. LarryC

LarryC Member

Ever since I downloaded 6.1, and with no improvement after the 6.1 update last week, the radio is on when I get in the car in the morning, depsite my having either turned off the radio or not used it the day before. It seems like a minor thing, but I listen to very different music than my wife listens to, and at a very different sound level. It's a bit jarring to have loud rock music blare at you first thing in the morning. What's odd is that it only inapporiately turns on in the mornings, never in the evenings or at lunch. Does anyone else experience this?

2. CliffG

CliffG Member

Oddly, that happens to me with Slacker and not with the radio. I've got .115, btw.

3. Hodginator

Hodginator Member

I have not experienced this. If I turn the radio off it is still off in the morning. In fact it is on whatever setting I left it on (radio, slacker, etc.).

4. mackgoo

mackgoo Member

How do you turn the radio off?

5. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Good question :)

For me it turns off if I connect my phone and play music from it, and next time not have my phone. Or the same with USB, it it's unplugged.

6. Jack_L

Jack_L Member

Same with me. Yet if it was last on AM, FM or XM it comes back on with the same station and volume as it was last used.

7. muleferg

muleferg Member

.319.Today I got in my car and radio would not come on at all. It also was slow waking up. Drove to grocery store and, rebooted and all is well.

8. PlanB

PlanB Banned

You cant turn it off, only down.

9. joer00

joer00 Member

Have the same problem. Pause slacker and next morning it starts again.

10. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Does the Model S have a radio?:)

11. LarryC

LarryC Member

Let me clarify my OP - I only ever listen to Slacker and put it on pause from the steering wheel (the closest I know of turning it off). Regardless of whether it was paused all day, as I'm driving into my garage or after I park the car, it is playing in the morning. I always ensure it is pause before I leave the car. It does not do this if I use the car in the evening or lunch - only in the morning. And it does it every morning.

12. gdh66

gdh66 Member

Simply turn the volume down till the "x" appears to turn the sound system off.

13. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Oddly, I have not experienced this on any of the three versions of 6.1 I've had. If I pause Slacker, it is right there paused at the exact same spot when I return in the morning. I only mention this as a point of interest and to suggest the problem may not be universal.

14. SherSlick

SherSlick Member

I have had slacker start a song over from the beginning at least once...

15. scottm

scottm Active Member

I wish I could get slacker to start a song over. Or the previous song, when you accidentally hit skip forward button when trying to do a volume wheel up... and ... the song you wanted to hear is now long gone! Ugh. Slacker's rules about over-playing a song means if you do the same search again, you'll only get a "station" with hint or promise that the song might be there... but it won't be the first thing playing. (Which is just a dumb thing to inflict upon people.)

- - - Updated - - -

Sound system off... or just "sound off"

I don't think the system is ever off so long as the centre console is lit up.

16. LarryC

LarryC Member

That's a solution, sure, but the issue is this is a new behavior, at least for my car, following the 6.1 release. I've always had to unpause the radio if I paused it before leaving the car. And again, the odd thing is it only happens in the morning.

17. scottm

scottm Active Member

Is your car set to sleep overnight?
    DO you have the always connected button selected?

18. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I have had the same experience. I'm actually surprised that it will keep the pause for however long I am away from the car.

19. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

In my particular case, yes to both.

20. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Member

Concurring with LarryC and joer00--this is a new bug in 6.1. It's not just in the morning, though. I think it has to do with if the car has powered off and then powers up again. I do have it set for sleep mode, so if I'm away for a couple hours, it will do this. When I come out from work and get in the car, Slacker unpauses and plays when I open the door.