Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying referral issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I ordered my car on 11/21 I gave my friend's info as a referral and was told it would be put into the system. I was given a delivery date of 12/1. Before that date I spoke with my delivery advisor to confirm the referral so I would have access to the free 6 months supercharging right away. I as told it was in the system as a "hold" but it should be fine by delivery.

On the delivery date, the person at the store told me that they weren't doing the referral program anymore (?!) I spoke with someone else who said the first guy was wrong, and that if I'd given the referral info it would be applied to my account.

When I saw later that it wasn't, I called the main Tesla number and was told I'd get a call back. I didn't. I then spoke with the original rep who sold me the car, a rep from the place I picked the car up at, and a rep from the service center when I had to have something fixed. All of them said they would look into and get back to me soon. Never heard back from any of them. According to my account I do not have the free 6 month supercharging, and my friend said the referral hasn't shown up on his account either.

Other than continuing to talk to people who promise to call me back and don't, is there anything else I can do here?

Same scenario here. Early November delivery. Clicked referral link a week or so before delivery, signed in, no apparent change in the reservation. Referrer saw no pending referral. Forwarded referral link to delivery advisor and he said he would make sure it was applied. At delivery, advisor #2 said he could not see a referral in the system, and said he would apply it. The referrer has not seen a credit for referral.

Co-worker used my code AFTER ordering and maybe not even till pick up early this month and it seems to have registed to my account. Co-worker works in another building and didn't find out I was an owner till she told someone else she ordered which is when she found out I was an owner.

My account says I will be contacted this month for a photo upload which I do not plan to participate in.

I had the same thing - it wasn't until I got a call a week or two after my home delivery that anything happened. The person checking on it said, "hmm. I don't see it. I'll email a team and escalate this." I mentioned that the original Delivery person did that, and this person said, "I've got some contacts that they might not have". Also, I had a screen shot of my Tesla Referral when I made my order, so that was an ace in the hole.

So I finally have the 6 months free Supercharging. What changed on my end was that my friend could finally see my referral. Also on my Model 3 when I clicked on a Supercharger icon it used to show the price per min, now it doesn't. My Tesla.com page still says "Pay Per Use Supercharging"

UPDATE: A week ago I emailed customer support about this. Today I get this following response:

"Hello and thank you for contacting Tesla.

It looks like your vehicle was not ordered witha referral code, could you please provide us with the code so we can add it to your car?"

ARGH

UPDATE: A week ago I emailed customer support about this. Today I get this following response:

"Hello and thank you for contacting Tesla.

It looks like your vehicle was not ordered witha referral code, could you please provide us with the code so we can add it to your car?"

ARGH
Well.... that’s good news. Give them the code ;)

• Funny
Reactions: nvx1977
I had 3 referrals and a month after all the delivery’s, one of mine disappeared. I called the headquarters, they confirmed that I had 3, but could not tell me why it was taken away. They would not give me another one. It’s very upsetting because these are hard to get. I emailed the referral people, they were no help. Any advise?

I had 3 referrals and a month after all the delivery’s, one of mine disappeared. I called the headquarters, they confirmed that I had 3, but could not tell me why it was taken away. They would not give me another one. It’s very upsetting because these are hard to get. I emailed the referral people, they were no help. Any advise?

I wish I had some advice. It's been 40 days since I took delivery and the referral still hasn't shown up, and they still won't return my phone calls.

• Love
Reactions: Pkmmte and Tricia