Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does someone else want to tell him how even a Model 3 LR will smoke his P85D or should I? Also, more fun to drive? I know it's a matter of opinion but most reviews conclude that the S handles like a boat compared to the 3 (especially a 2014 model)...

Your question could have been easily Googled instead of having to slum it with us 3 owners. You came to the wrong forum to throw shade.

Yeah a P85D is just a fast boat and not even that fast anymore. Keep up with the times boomer!

LOL, yeah i'm going to show myself out.

Unplugged mine the second day I had the car. At least the car software doesn't notice and nags you to get service like the prius did.

That's the spirit, get rid of that crap. Also one way to fix the error if the prius says "fix me" is to measure the resistance on the speaker and then go grab a resistor of the same amount and instal it into the cars harness plug and the car will not know the difference.

Does someone else want to tell him how even a Model 3 LR will smoke his P85D or should I? Also, more fun to drive? I know it's a matter of opinion but most reviews conclude that the S handles like a boat compared to the 3 (especially a 2014 model)...

Your question could have been easily Googled instead of having to slum it with us 3 owners. You came to the wrong forum to throw shade.

The long range M3 will not beat a P85D, however a performance M3 will be an even race and will depend on driver skill/RT as the cars have very similar power to weight ratio and 0-60 times.

I've taken a M3P through a very twisty area and where i get my car to 120 mph easily and it's cool and steady. The M3P was squealing the tires at 105 and by 110 was drifting, (as anyone knows drifting is the least efficient way to take a turn as you lose power from not sticking to the road) and the car had a shitload of body roll when going between turns, whereas the S was steady and stable.

I didn't come to throw shade, i asked a simple question and yall got defensive. :)

That's the spirit, get rid of that crap. Also one way to fix the error if the prius says "fix me" is to measure the resistance on the speaker and then go grab a resistor of the same amount and instal it into the cars harness plug and the car will not know the difference.

The long range M3 will not beat a P85D, however a performance M3 will be an even race and will depend on driver skill/RT as the cars have very similar power to weight ratio and 0-60 times.

I've taken a M3P through a very twisty area and where i get my car to 120 mph easily and it's cool and steady. The M3P was squealing the tires at 105 and by 110 was drifting, (as anyone knows drifting is the least efficient way to take a turn as you lose power from not sticking to the road) and the car had a shitload of body roll when going between turns, whereas the S was steady and stable.

I didn't come to throw shade, i asked a simple question and yall got defensive. :)

A 3 LR will beat YOUR 7 year old P85D. And a 3 LR with the Acceleration Boost option (I'll wait while you Google that) will walk it regardless the conditions. Race against a M3P wouldn't even be fun for either party. Battery degradation alone, your car isn't near as fast as it was when new and the 3's around haven't been so abused by time. Also if said race is at stop light as opposed to a track, you get smoked because your Ludicrous mode hasn't warmed the batteries yet.

Your specific twisty example may be true, but lap times at Willow Springs, VIR, etc. always favor the 3 over the S (even up to the 2020 S).

In case you don't believe me about the LR vs. your S, check out the video below. This is an LR (non-acceleration boost) practically matching a P85D. You'll notice the 3 bogs down at the beginning - that's because the driver didn't turn off Obstacle Aware Acceleration. Turn this off so the car's launch isn't nerfed and the S is seeing nothing but brake lights.

Sibling Rivalry: Watch Tesla Model 3 Drag Race Model S

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt