Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying tesla things?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to the club...
There are probably videos of me fighting with me possessed demonic car at different part of roads..
One of the place at sandringham, if I forget snd leave it at auto, on a straight stretch if road from shopes towards St. Luke's mall - car will literally pull all the way left at intersection (because lane straight becomes almost double for some 50 meters) and then pull back... I get shock myself and mean look from others.

Also on Harbour bridge, on way to city, if I let car navigate on auto, it will take me to extreme right lane, only to pull back at middle of menuver, followed by lane change to second right lane, only to again get back to extreme right lane...

With my liking for horror movies, my friends say that I finally managed to get my hands on possessed computer and allowing to let drive car. 😄😄👻

It sounds like you need one of these

Attachments

• 0A42FF88-2718-46F4-9F4E-3345D80DD2AD.jpeg
    0A42FF88-2718-46F4-9F4E-3345D80DD2AD.jpeg
    353 KB · Views: 147
  • Funny
Reactions: Ecoli and Audietron
A current annoyance is how grabby and panic-inducing the corrective steering function is.

Without fail it will correct me at a roundabout, thinking i am steering into the wrong lane.

Most commonly at motorway off-ramps, it will try and pull me back as a edge closer to the left line.
I turned all of that off as i thought it was way too full on too

The most annoying thing is how the car just starts doing random things. I have never had an issue before but all of a sudden it keeps ripping the steering wheel out of my hand with the lane departure feature. For two years I have had it on with no problems but have had to turn it off now. When I drive at night now as soon as there are no cars within 100 meters it automatically puts high beam on straight at the oncoming traffic, even when I deselect auto highbeams the next time I drive it starts doing it again. As for FSD, it won’t happen in the next 20 years with this technology except in specific areas where the roads are designed to accomodate it. There are to many instances that it just can’t handle it.

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron
The most annoying thing is how the car just starts doing random things. I have never had an issue before but all of a sudden it keeps ripping the steering wheel out of my hand with the lane departure feature. For two years I have had it on with no problems but have had to turn it off now. When I drive at night now as soon as there are no cars within 100 meters it automatically puts high beam on straight at the oncoming traffic, even when I deselect auto highbeams the next time I drive it starts doing it again. As for FSD, it won’t happen in the next 20 years with this technology except in specific areas where the roads are designed to accomodate it. There are to many instances that it just can’t handle it.
I know...
Lots of annoying things introduced with most recent updates, high beam being illegal 🙄

A current annoyance is how grabby and panic-inducing the corrective steering function is.

Without fail it will correct me at a roundabout, thinking i am steering into the wrong lane.

Most commonly at motorway off-ramps, it will try and pull me back as a edge closer to the left line.
I turned all that stuff off because it annoyed me so much.

Your car is probably too tired and grumpy, probably that time of the month 🙄🤪
My experience, it does all the dramas if you don't regularly reboot at software and hardware level. Just like any other computing system. After all it's car build around computer.

For immediate issue, soft reset with pressing both scroll wheel for 10 seconds will fix few software issues. I do this weekly and it keeps car smooth.

For bigger issues, hard reset, by first go to services->wheel change->noted own current option-> change to anything new-> let car reset -> follow process to set the original wheel type which will reset again... before driving.

Speed of wiper is something to so with sensitivity, no relation with cruise control whatsoever... press the yolk to pop up wiper settings and change sensitivity.

Car is build around computer, you couldn't completely get rid of chime... same as you can't get rid of refrigerator chime if left open.
After two years with imported AWD LR from Japan and in spite of Musk being -er- eccentric sometimes, we love it.
To get round fishing for controls while driving, have mounted a GPS immediately in front of driver and leave 'controls' up on the screen. Fan, wipers and other things are always to hand (or finger)... Fart decided not to work so a soft reset fixed that. Otherwise only the filter replacement has been a small pain...

After two years with imported AWD LR from Japan and in spite of Musk being -er- eccentric sometimes, we love it.
To get round fishing for controls while driving, have mounted a GPS immediately in front of driver and leave 'controls' up on the screen. Fan, wipers and other things are always to hand (or finger)... Fart decided not to work so a soft reset fixed that. Otherwise only the filter replacement has been a small pain...
yeah, filter location is different than where most videos say.
It's like almost everything exist for LHD Tesla and not much at all for RHD Tesla, when searching for tips and videos.