Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying v9 bugs Classic only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AmpedRealtor

Jun 30, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hello friends,

My 2013 Model S proudly shows off three annoying bugs with v9:
  1. When set to manual control, HVAC fan speed resets to 1 after vehicle goes to sleep
  2. Dolby setting always reverts to OFF after going to sleep
  3. Navigation map in speedo display does a little "spin" at random times
I am on software version 2018.50.6. Are these bugs universal or unique to Classics?

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Hello friends,

1. When set to manual control, HVAC fan speed resets to 1 after vehicle goes to sleep
I am on software version 2018.50.6. Are these bugs universal or unique to Classics?

I'm surprised 3 bugs is all you've noticed :). Version 9 is total junk in any Tesla (except model 3s where it seems to work quite well). In my opinion it has about eleventy five bugs. It basically broke my car. I'd give anything to have version 8xx back again.

2012 Signature 85 here.

Hello friends,

#2 happens all the time. Sometimes you'll even see the "Immersive Sound" setting instead of the Dolby option.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
The bugs began with the initial v9 release. I've received two updates since, but the bugs persist. Version 9 broke certain functions of my vehicle. How do we hold Tesla accountable?

Couldn't agree more overall my UI is less capable now than it was before and, as you say several features and capabilities are gone that weren't replaced by anything better some not replaced at all.

The bugs began with the initial v9 release. I've received two updates since, but the bugs persist. Version 9 broke certain functions of my vehicle. How do we hold Tesla accountable?

Sue them in state or federal court for warranty violations. That is the *only* thing they pay *any* attention to. I'm dead serious. Please do it. I would have if I hadn't been so busy (and I still am very, very busy).

If you decide to go class action suit, I'll sign on.

Sue them in state or federal court for warranty violations. That is the *only* thing they pay *any* attention to. I'm dead serious. Please do it. I would have if I hadn't been so busy (and I still am very, very busy).

If you decide to go class action suit, I'll sign on.
Will this work with the ESA? I'm past the original 50,000 mile warranty period. I'm now covered by the ESA.

Hey fellow Classic Model S Owners!

I am still on v8 and it sounds like I should just sit tight and not upgrade. I haven't been monitoring this forum lately and was hoping to find that all my fears had been resolved. Doesn't sound too much that they have made any progress here.

Yikes!

Hey fellow Classic Model S Owners!

I am still on v8 and it sounds like I should just sit tight and not upgrade. I haven't been monitoring this forum lately and was hoping to find that all my fears had been resolved. Doesn't sound too much that they have made any progress here.

Yikes!

Well all I can say is knowing what I know now I would have held out on Version 8 till The bitter end as long as I possibly could have. Version 9 is just terrible in a Model S or Model X it only seems to work okay in Model 3's