TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Annoying Whistle at 73 MPH plus...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jstepy, Oct 2, 2014.

1. jstepy

jstepy Member

Hello Everyone -

Been loving my new ride but I have noticed an annoying whistle that happens at approx 73 MPH. I notice the wind noise but this is a completely different and annoying whistling sound.

I know some people have had issues with the panoramic sun roof that needed to be realigned... could this be the same thing?

Lately I have just made sure the radio is on good an loud when I take my friends out bragging about the car.

2. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

This whistling noise happened to me. It's not loud, sounds far away and sometimes wonder if you might be hallucinating? Anyway, that was more about me... LOL!

The black plastic applique between the front of the sunroof and the windshield is the culprit. There is a service bulletin to add brackets to that area to pull it down and create a better seal.

3. jstepy

jstepy Member

Thank you amped... I will wait a while to see if any other issues pop up before taking it in. Last thing I want to do is not drive it.

4. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Be sure to check this also. Place a straightedge on the forward triangle window and the main driver and passenger windows. If there is the slightest lip, you can get a serious whistle there also (easily fixed by a Ranger with some patience and dedication). The two pieces of glass should be absolutely flush!

5. jstepy

jstepy Member

I will check this too. Thank you Jake.