TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Annual Maintenance Program

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ABCCBA, Jan 17, 2016.

1. ABCCBA

ABCCBA Member

Could you please describe the annual maintenance program that Tesla performs on the vehicles? What are the associated costs? TIA

2. cpa

cpa Member

$600.

They pull your logs, and check all the components. They replace the batteries in your key fobs. They replace your windshield wipers. They refill the windshield washer fluid. I believe on my second one they changed out the battery coolant, but I have to check the record, as they also replaced my battery heater too (under warranty.) They also will rotate your tires and check the alignment if you ask them to. (At least they did for me.)

Many on this site feel that this is an unnecessary procedure, particularly for six hundred bucks for a couple of batteries and wiper blades. It does not void the basic warranty. It is even more challenging for those who live hundreds of miles from a service center, and the pick up and delivery charge can push the cost much higher.

3. ABCCBA

ABCCBA Member

Thank you

4. BertL

BertL Active Member

OP, also be sure you do a couple of searches on this topic... There are some long discussions with many POV. IMHO it comes down to your risk tolerance, if you plan to keep your MS for more than 4 years, how many miles per year you plan to put on your MS, and then just if you prefer the convenience and budgeting of being able to have essentially everything covered for 4 (or 8) years except for tires to maintain your MS in factory-spec condition. There are many opinions as you may well imagine.