Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annual Service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is good value to do the one year inspection. I did mine and they replaced tons of stuff that would have cost more than the meager 600 dollars. They replaced the front rotors, wipers and otter stuff including the titanium plate. Just for the peace of mind alone it's worth doing! Furthermore, if you tesla happens to have something really wrong in the coming months... Well it shows you did take care of your tesla. The dealer is Vancouver is amazing!

I agree its probably a piece of mind thing, had my car for 2 months and the only thing to go wrong is my UMC, the darn cable. I imagine by the time its a year nothing will be wrong, but it will be nice for them to check just in case.

I am in the belief you likely won't have to get service for quite some time, but while Tesla is the only people that really know the inside and out of a Tesla its probably safer to get the service.

Right now you can go to any repair shop for current cars and be fine, with a Tesla... not so much.

It's having it done annually that doesnt sit right with me. The service itself is important, but my car was just in for service one month ago and a number of issues were fixed which they themselves noticed. Since the warranty isn't affected by annual service then why try to fix something that isn't broken? I'm assuming that the brake pads will be worn only after two years since I rarely use them, regen ftw, and it easy to tell when rotors are warped by the distinct feeling. Seems almost disrespectful to the car to assume it needs a repair every year :p

I bought it for two years. It comes out to about $42 a month. That's less than the price of half a tank of gas. Even if I get nothing of value for it (except new wipers), to me the piece of mind of having the vehicle looked over every year is worth the price.

Do they detail the car for free with annual service? I know in the US, Kman has said they have detailed his car every time he has brought it in for a warranty issue. Wasn't sure if this was being done in Canada or not, and if it was done on Ranger service as well, or just at service centres.

Do they detail the car for free with annual service?

they hand wash it with a bucket and a sponge. i guess some people like this. but since improper washing techniques can create swirls, I'd prefer they *not* wash it as I only want myself touching my car's paint - I've watched them do it a few times I was at the service centers. and they don't use proper techniques. first using a sponge (yuck) and then dipping it over and over into same bucket ... that's some good swirl-making techniques right there, lol.

they hand wash it with a bucket and a sponge. i guess some people like this. but since improper washing techniques can create swirls, I'd prefer they *not* wash it as I only want myself touching my car's paint - I've watched them do it a few times I was at the service centers. and they don't use proper techniques. first using a sponge (yuck) and then dipping it over and over into same bucket ... that's some good swirl-making techniques right there, lol.

Agreed. Mine had to go in for service so I washed it in advance and specifically told them not to wash it.