Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annual service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mark:
Slight vibration at higher speeds could be caused by a slightly bent wheel or a tire that has had an internal radial belt shift or broken, or a thrown wheel weight, or a slightly sticking disc break pad rubbing on the break rotor or a break rotor that has thrown its balance clip(s). (however, Tesla would have probably spotted any issues with the rotors or pads, IMHO)

On the S, the wheel weights are tape on weights and can dislodge. If you bring the S to a reputable full service tire shop, they can check your tires, and state of balance. Look for a shop that has a high end Hunter Road Force machine, it simulates road pressure at speed and can diagnose pretty much any tire or wheel issue. It cannot diagnose a rotor or disc break issue. Of course the operator has to know how to run that machine.

I was not thrilled about them increasing the cost of the service and the fact that alignment was no longer included. Although expensive, I am glad I had ti checked. They found a number of items and replaced the air suspension pump, wiper arm, wiper blades, adjustment to the roof, etc. I am totally thrilled with the car. Although expensive, I highly recommend the service.

One thing I don't know is if the Service or tire rotation includes balancing the wheels. I have getting a slight vibration at higher speeds. I am sure hoping that I don't have a bent 21" wheel.
Most of those items are actually warrantee items, not service items. Tire balancing is not done as part of the rotation. It may have thrown the wheel weight, and be unbalanced because of that. However sadly its far more likey the wheel is bent.