Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annual subscription for connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Just wondering if there’s something I’m missing - I don’t see the option to select the annual plan for the connectivity subscription. I only have the $9.99 monthly option in the app. I’m currently still on the free offer that I got when I purchased the car but that is expiring soon. Do I not qualify… or am I not seeing it… ?

Here is the link to the post, and thread.

To save you some time, here is the exact text I posted there. I like to link to the original content so that if desired, you can read the thread its in, but here is what I said there:

==================================================================

Thanks for posting this! I dont read reddit (or twitter, etc) but normally someone will bring the important stuff here (lol).

I have been waiting for this for a while, as I much prefer paying yearly for this type of thing. I had a little difficulty finding where to do this in the tesla app. For anyone poking around at this like I was, for a few minutes, to change their setting to annually for premium connectivity, try this.

(Tesla app version these steps done on = 4.6.0 -885)

1. Open Tesla app
2. Tap UPGRADES
3. Tap MANAGE (next to gear icon)
4. Ensure ACTIVE tab is selected, then Tap PREMIUM CONNECTIVITY
5. If presented with a billing address screen at this point, verify your billing address and tap SAVE (I got stuck here for a minute. You wont see billing options until you confirm your billing address if this screen presents itself)
6. Tap to switch to the Annual Plan, and then click SUBSCRIBE on the resultant screen

See notice that the annual subscription will begin when your current monthly subscription expires (for me, thats March 4th).

Really appreciate you bringing this information here, @Undisclosed , thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Autovoid
thanks for the info... sorry - but i'm still not getting it. First attachment is what i see after selecting MANAGE. And the second image is what i see when I select "premium connectivity". What am i not seeing?

Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 2.01.23 PM.jpeg
Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 2.00.41 PM.jpeg

sorry, just want to bump this one more time. i was thinking maybe i would see the ANNUAL option once my free trial expires, but nope. It has now expired, but my option option is still just $9.99/month... anyone else have the same issue? or know why i don't have the option to pay annually? thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• IMG_63EB22EBF42D-1.jpeg
    IMG_63EB22EBF42D-1.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 120
thanks for the info... sorry - but i'm still not getting it. First attachment is what i see after selecting MANAGE. And the second image is what i see when I select "premium connectivity". What am i not seeing?
I wonder if it is because you are not currently subscribed. I am subscribed monthly and have the annual option. Or rather, let's you "Switch to Annual Plan."
IMG_8960.jpeg
IMG_8961.jpeg

Yes I just switched to annual earlier this morning. My trial period was set to end on May 19. Looks like you might be in that dreaded position where you need to contact a Tesla representative…
Actually I just realized that you can probably get around the problem by doing the $9.99 subscription. With the $9.99 subscription in place, you will then see the option for the $99.99 subscription…

This was using the app rather than the car screen….

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Perhaps thats the trigger, as @pipp and @slade037 mention. Perhaps you need to actually have signed up for the 9.99 subscription. Note that you may not have to have been BILLED for it yet, as people have reported successfully signing up for a subscription during their free trials, and those dates coinciding with the end of their free trial.

If you dont have any subscription at all, perhaps you have to sign up for the 9.99 then switch to yearly, and it would swap after that month?

I am curious to see how this comes out, so if anyone can confirm please come back and let us know.

I signed up to get the sentry camera view, but I was skeptical that my cheapo iPhone SE would show the images usefully. So I signed up for $9.99 rather than risk the entire $99.99. Instead of charging me the $9.99 immediately, I was placed on a free trial period, probably for a month. Satisfied that the camera view worked OK, I went into the car screen this morning which indicated that I could only do an upgrade through the app. The app had the option to switch from $9.99 to $99.99, and after I switched, a message said I would be billed when my free trial period was over on May 19…

I already went through my introductory free trial when I bought the car in September. So maybe there‘s some kind of trigger that allows you to become eligible for another free trial period, like the start of each calendar year or something like that…

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Just click on subscribe, it will let you to select it in the "Billing options" section
Agreed.

From the app at least….you hit “subscribe” to the $10/mo option. It takes you to a new page where you have the option to do a yearly for $100. Touch the annual option and hit confirm.

It would be less confusing if they offered the option to select monthly or annual on the first page, but the annual is still available.