TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Annual Texas State Park Pass = free Level 2 charging!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Chris TX, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

FYI, if you have your TPWD annual pass, you can grab an RV site and plug your UMC in for 40amps worth of power for no additional fee!
    I know the Texas Superchargers are popping up, but this is a way to drive through to more remote places and still enjoy the ride.

Plus, Texas State Parks are NOT being shut down due to the federal "work holiday". It also supports some very cool programs.

Check it out! $70 a year, and remember, you don't need a fishing license to fish at a Texas State Park.

TPWD: Texas State Park Passes Permits

2. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

Thanks for posting. Where did you find the "no additional fee part?" I checked a couple of the sites online and each listed daily fees for electric hookup campsites, in addition to any applicable entrance fees.

This would be awesome if the pass got you free charging, as it certainly helps with traveling south (Corpus).

3. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

This should apply to "day camping". Overnight will cost for the site, but the pass covers the entrance fee. Either way, it's a very cheap way to get some L2 charge and enjoy the wait.

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Much better than the Kansas state parks where they charge you full price for the RV site and also charge you for the car.