Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another 2016 Model S with suspension issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it's a 2016 dual motor with air suspension and about 2,500 miles on it. I don't drive the car very often once a week or so. Last Saturday I noticed funny clunky noises going over bumps and then kind of a clunk or thud when accelerating. I've looked under the front tires where the noise appears to becoming from and I haven't seen any broken linkage but it's not easy to look at everything behind the tire. Man that bottom part gets really close to the rim. I'm guessing service is going to be a total nightmare so I want to find out as much about this as possible before trying to take it in. It's still under warranty and I need to do the airbag replacement.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Made an appointment the other day for ranger service as I’ve seen others here say they had them look at the suspension issues. They called and canceled today saying they can’t look at suspension issues. But they would be happy to schedule an appointment were I spend 2 to 3 hours round trip to bring it to them, the car I’m unsure if it’s safe to drive. Has anyone tried tightening everything up on their own? I’m really paranoid to let them have it for weeks or months if it needs parts. The few times service has had their hands on it, they’ve always left their mark. :(

Something behind the front right tire came apart tonight and pushed the tire into the back of the wheel well as I was pulling out of the parking spot. So glad they didn't send someone to look at it and wanted me to drive 50 miles on Monday to bring the car to them. It looks like it may have damaged the fender and possibly pushed the right door out of alignment. Then the tow truck guy backed the tow truck into the bottom of the rear bumper. My once pristine new car with 2,000 miles on it now a piece of poop.:( The tow truck I was a big guy too marked up the front seat put his hands all over the sides and back of the car to lift himself up and let himself down. Not been a fun night. it was kind of funny when Tesla asked me if I felt like it was safe to drive the car.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Something behind the front right tire came apart tonight and pushed the tire into the back of the wheel well as I was pulling out of the parking spot. So glad they didn't send someone to look at it and wanted me to drive 50 miles on Monday to bring the car to them. It looks like it may have damaged the fender and possibly pushed the right door out of alignment. Then the tow truck guy backed the tow truck into the bottom of the rear bumper. My once pristine new car with 2,000 miles on it now a piece of poop.:( The tow truck I was a big guy too marked up the front seat put his hands all over the sides and back of the car to lift himself up and let himself down. Not been a fun night. it was kind of funny when Tesla asked me if I felt like it was safe to drive the car.

Ugh.. that is awful. Especially when you have people not respect your property just to add insult to injury.

I too have a 3 hour drive to the nearest service center because Michigan doesn’t allow them to be here.

I found a local Tesla certified body shop that can do repairs as well. Depending on the price they charge to fix it, it might be worth having them look at it vs driving so far. (Even if it is covered by warranty).

Body Shop Support

How can Michigan ban Tesla from having service centers in their State to service the need of their citizens with Tesla vehicles.

I lived in Detroit for 30 years and watched how the government and unions instituted self serving mandates, one after the other, to the detriment of their citizens.

America is supposed to be a free marketplace, but the self interested have created a real mess in their goal of staying in charge.

How can Michigan ban Tesla from having service centers in their State to service the need of their citizens with Tesla vehicles.

I lived in Detroit for 30 years and watched how the government and unions instituted self serving mandates, one after the other, to the detriment of their citizens.

America is supposed to be a free marketplace, but the self interested have created a real mess in their goal of staying in charge.

Fortunately mobile service is available for Michigan Tesla owners.

Just got a text that it ready. I can't see it being so. There is damage to the wheel well and the tow truck damage to the bumper. :(

Attachments

• IMG_20190919_192905.jpg
    IMG_20190919_192905.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20190919_192915.jpg
    IMG_20190919_192915.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20190919_200205.jpg
    IMG_20190919_200205.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 50