Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another 3 way coolant valve

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to @dmwahl for the previous writeup on this here Leaking 3-way valve

I was noticing a ver small amount of something under the front of the car when I parked (backward in) front downhill in our driveway. Then, the other day heading to work I got a low coolant, Safe to continue driving message. I fount the above thread and checked out my car and found the same 3-way valve had a very small leak. Called up the local SC and they had revision F of the valve in stock for $44.01 with tax. New part has the same number just with an F instead of a B at the end.
New part label.
image0.jpeg

Old leaky valve.
image1.jpeg

Received recently two faults: THC_w0067_valveRadBypRange + THC_d0007_valveRadByp ... Guess, they're related to each other. Probably as outside temps got lower nowadays and car wanted to heat the battery it touched the Bypass 3-way valve for the first time after the summer and it doesn't move in the expected range. Will try to run the thermal test and see whether it helps or not.. Ordered new 3-way and also 4-way one just in case to have them ready ;)