Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another 3rd Party Boost Box being released

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So... Manhart performance has a box that gets 550HP out of a M3P. They don't sell the boxes separately (yet) but have an M3P that has been modified, selling for $90K. Have anyone heard of an aftermarket box that can do this for sale? ELON -- give the M3P more POWER and LAUNCH MODE! :) Stock BMW M3's have been no problem up until 2021 - need more power!

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
So... Manhart performance has a box that gets 550HP out of a M3P. They don't sell the boxes separately (yet) but have an M3P that has been modified, selling for $90K. Have anyone heard of an aftermarket box that can do this for sale? ELON -- give the M3P more POWER and LAUNCH MODE! :) Stock BMW M3's have been no problem up until 2021 - need more power!

I would be skeptical of this "box" until proven otherwise.

Reactions: Sam1
The site also mentions a 82Kwh battery. That's one way of adding more power by adding more battery. Don't think it's a "cheap" plug-in upgrade.
All 2021 Performance Model 3's have the 82kWh battery - this is not new news. That also adds exactly 0 power. More battery does NOT mean more power. The cells are more energy dense but the voltage is unchanged. Voltage * Amperage = Power. Neither voltage, nor amperage changed.

All 2021 Performance Model 3's have the 82kWh battery - this is not new news. That also adds exactly 0 power. More battery does NOT mean more power. The cells are more energy dense but the voltage is unchanged. Voltage * Amperage = Power. Neither voltage, nor amperage changed.
Thanks for confirming the battery power change (watts is power), I stopped looking at newer specs after I bought my m3p in 2019 to keep myself sane.

But going from 74kWh to 82kwh makes even more sense how manhart is able to make newer P cars faster. Looks like Tesla kept the m3 performance specs limited to be the same irrelevant whether you have a 2018 or 2021 with more powerful battery. I guess Manhart found the code to utilize the 10% bump in battery power for newer m3p's and make them faster.

Hope I'm wrong because I too want a faster and would love a kit to upgrade my car after it comes off warranty.

Thanks for confirming the battery power change (watts is power), I stopped looking at newer specs after I bought my m3p in 2019 to keep myself sane.

But going from 74kWh to 82kwh makes even more sense how manhart is able to make newer P cars faster. Looks like Tesla kept the m3 performance specs limited to be the same irrelevant whether you have a 2018 or 2021 with more powerful battery. I guess Manhart found the code to utilize the 10% bump in battery power for newer m3p's and make them faster.

Hope I'm wrong because I too want a faster and would love a kit to upgrade my car after it comes off warranty.

It's actually not that big of a difference. 2018-2020 Model 3's had a nominal new pack size of ~78kWh. The ~5% capacity increase falls in line with what Panasonic announced earlier in 2020. Panasonic boosts energy density, trims cobalt in new 2170 battery cell for Tesla – TechCrunch