Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Anti Tesla bill in Indiana

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indiana State Representatives are at it again! House Bill 1592 (different from the one last summer) has been filed by Rep. Ed Soliday.

From the article:

"State Rep. Ed Soliday, R-Valparaiso, has filed legislation that would ban manufacturers of "all-electric vehicles" from selling directly to consumers."

The Indy Star goes on to say that the bill's rules would only apply to one car manufacturer...Tesla. Ugh. Looks like we've got another fight brewing in Indiana over Tesla.

Briggs: Indiana bill that doesn't mention Tesla is all about Tesla

I attended the hearing yesterday. Our folks did a really good job. Many dealerships represented. The hearing was recessed after the primary dealer (the last witness to testify) stated he had no problem with Tesla and was mainly concerned with Chinese imports potentially coming in. The Chairman asked him if he was willing to work out a compromise and he said yes. The Chairman said he would work on some amendments and present them this morning. I watched the meeting this morning via the legislature webcast. Bottom line is, if I heard it correctly, is that Tesla is grandfathered out of this legislation. (The amendments are not yet posted).

• Informative
Reactions: Fiddler
I attended the hearing yesterday. Our folks did a really good job. Many dealerships represented. The hearing was recessed after the primary dealer (the last witness to testify) stated he had no problem with Tesla and was mainly concerned with Chinese imports potentially coming in. The Chairman asked him if he was willing to work out a compromise and he said yes. The Chairman said he would work on some amendments and present them this morning. I watched the meeting this morning via the legislature webcast. Bottom line is, if I heard it correctly, is that Tesla is grandfathered out of this legislation. (The amendments are not yet posted).
The amendment is posted elsewhere. It passed 9 to 1 and exempts Tesla!

• Informative
Reactions: Jaff and Fiddler