TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Another benefit of owning a Tesla: exercise

Discussion in 'Model S' started by SummerlinModelS, Mar 21, 2014.

1. SummerlinModelS

One benefit that I didn't include in my decision process to buying my Model S was the amount of exercise I now get driving it.

In the almost two weeks I've owned it I find myself parking in the furthest corners of the parking lots, away from everyone else, just to give me some sanity that no one is going to open doors into it, push a shopping cart into it, etc. So, I'm getting a lot more exercise walking across parking lots than when I used to always park in the closest spot. :cool:

2. HHHH

HHHH Member

I'm with you on that one! I'm in the same boat as you, I've always looked for corner spots, curb spots, etc so that I can have a little extra room, but now I drive to the furthest corner of a parking lot instead. Btw, it's nice to have another Vegas Model S on this board.

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I'd think this benefit would apply to any car that an owner was afraid of messing up. Unless of course, you're that fisker owner that parked across multiple handicap spots :)

4. JST

JST Active Member

I have a similar benefit, since I put my NEMA outlet in my back driveway, which up until this year I didn't bother shoveling...

5. wcalvin

wcalvin Member

Alas, we would do such things for any new car, not just a Tesla.

6. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

But I think it's more than offset by stopping at a supercharger and having time for "snacks" you don't really need, but there's not much better to do while you wait.

7. GSP

GSP Member

Yes there is. There are plenty of things to do while charging. Take a nice walk, instead of even looking at the snacks.

GSP

8. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Or the Tesla owner that parallel parked across several Superchargers. :)

9. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

I've been outed...in my defense, I never left the car, just couldn't stand backing in AGAIN...

10. CarlK

CarlK Member

I just feel it funny when people circling around parking lot for five minutes just to looks for a closer spot that can save one minute's walk, especially while I'm sitting in the passenger seat.

11. tezco

tezco Sig P85

Everytime I park in the boonies I come back to find a giant SUV an inch from the S. Never fails....

12. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Happened almost every single time I parked my Delorean in a public lot... FAR FAR away from any other car in the lot... and there'd ALWAYS be some asshat who parked next to me. Not one space over, no... RIGHT NEXT TO my car. Without fail.

13. Mike_Schlechter

Mike_Schlechter Model S - P457

I've actually jogged around the Darien North super charger for about 30 minutes while charging. It is great fun.

14. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Every day at the gym I choose a new parking spot far from the door, and almost every day the same Range Rover is parked right next to me, with dozens of empty spaces around. I'm starting to get a little creeped out.

15. mhpr262

mhpr262 Member

There might be something going on between the Range Rover and your Model S, just saying ... better give it "the talk" one of these days!

16. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

Well that seems to be the case for me as well :) I on purpose chose a parking spot further away on an essentially empty parking lot at the supermarket in the evening. Only to come back outside to this:

1082593_10152049447721543_1967146694_o.jpg

17. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

And of course they always park so their driver's door opens towards your car. People suck.

18. SummerlinModelS

Of course!

I love the picture Mario -- amazing!

19. DaveVa

DaveVa Sig Perf #236 VIN #484

It's even funnier when they do this at the parking lot for the gym!

20. MarkR

MarkR Member

Yeah, people like parking next to Teslas . . . it's a psychological thing. We all like to be close to greatness!