Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Carbon Ceramic Brake Install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Inspired by MB300SD, I took the plunge and got a set of CC rotors and calipers from RacingBrakes. They were great to work with and the very busy owner personally took all the time I needed to make sure I got what I wanted. When I picked up the set, he even took me on a tour of the shop.
brakes1.jpg
That's $250,000 worth of rotors behind him!

When I got home I displayed them on my dining room table for a few days. They were like jewelry!
brakes2.jpg

Yesterday was time for the install. I drained all the fluid out of the system with a vacuum bleeder, then began disassembly.
Front Before.jpg
Front brake prior to disassembly

Front Stripped.jpg
Front brake stripped to the stub axle. The backing plate must be trimmed or removed, easier to just remove it
Front rotor.jpg
Front rotor installed.
Front complete.jpg
Front brake complete. Be sure to pay attention to right and left, both rotors and calipers are side specific.
Rear Backing plate.jpg
Rear brake stripped to the stub axle

Rear is a little trickier. If removed, the backing plate must be cut as it completely surrounds the stub axle. Conveniently, the threaded hole in the stub axle lines up with the backing plate mounting screws and is just wide enough to allow a #30 Torx screwdriver to pass through. Then the plate is easily cut with a tin snips and removed.
Rear Complete.jpg
Rear brake complete. Evidently the rear spindle has been beefed up since RaceBrakes created their adapter, as I had to do some grinding for clearance to get the mounts to mate cleanly.

Looks like that is as much as I can load photowise, so I'll start another thread to show them complete with the wheels installed.

Attachments

• Front Installed.jpg
    Front Installed.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 130