TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Another center console storage thread

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Kensiko, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Kensiko

Kensiko Member

Yes I'm looking for something. I'm tempted to go to Walmart and get some cheap plastic storage compartment that would fit there.

It's really annoying, I keep my J1772 adapter under the center screen and it always end up falling off during accelerations. Come on, my Leaf had so much better storage.

So, the only good looking choice I have is to pay for Tesla center console which is pricey ?

2. DJung

DJung Member

There is built in J1772 adapter storage inside the glove compartment. It's in the back of the very left side, there's a slight pocket/cubby where the J1772 adapter should fit perfectly.

I got a glove compartment replacement so I don't have the J1772 holder anymore. I guess the new vehicles don't have this anymore?

But seeing the model year from your signature, your vehicle should have one.

3. Kensiko

Kensiko Member

Thanks, but I don't find it useful to get that far inside the glove compartment with stretched arm to get it everyday. You see I still use my J1772 charger from my Leaf.

4. NewJerseyMS

NewJerseyMS Member

Lol at that first sentence.

5. SD Diver

SD Diver Member

Evanex has one that is drop-in and does a decent job matching the various interior options. Got one about a month ago - glossy obeche/ black. Was a little over $600. That said, I may return it and bite the bullet on the tesla version.

Attached Files:

6. Kensiko

Kensiko Member

I saw a thread the other day of someone posting pictures of the scratches that the Evannex console left when he removed it after unsuccessful installation. That bothers me.

7. SD Diver

SD Diver Member

Hmm... I've had mine in and out a few times - no issues.

8. Dwdnjck

Dwdnjck Member

I use an eight inch wide, decorated cigar box. It sits nicely in the forward part of my non-console,almost completely out of site,and stays in place. You can buy something similar at pottery barn for $20. If you want it to hold a J1772 get one that is a little deeper than mine.

9. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

I'm assuming you are using some destination charging every day? Something like at work?

If it is home, just leave it on the charger at home.

I keep my glasses case between the seats and just have a microfiber cloth in front of it to keep it from moving around. Could do the same thing with the adapter.

10. Kensiko

Kensiko Member

Thanks for your tips. I don't plug at work, but I don't want to let it outside in the rain when I have a cap that will protect my J1772 connector on my charger. I prefer to put it in the car. Water and metal connections don't like each other.

11. Kensiko

Kensiko Member

12. PtG62901

PtG62901 Member

Of course, you could kick in a c-note and get a second connector. Put this one in the glove, and move on. :)

13. Kensiko

Kensiko Member

Thanks but it's not just because of the connector, anything else I want to put in the center just always move. With the one found on ebay it's cheap it should look OK and will not damage the console.

• Like x 1
  14. turbospecc

turbospecc Member

15. Kensiko

Kensiko Member

I'll let you know, I'll probably buy it but I still need a few weeks to settle the bank account after the S60 purchase ;)