Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another center console storage thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I'm looking for something. I'm tempted to go to Walmart and get some cheap plastic storage compartment that would fit there.

It's really annoying, I keep my J1772 adapter under the center screen and it always end up falling off during accelerations. Come on, my Leaf had so much better storage.

So, the only good looking choice I have is to pay for Tesla center console which is pricey ?

There is built in J1772 adapter storage inside the glove compartment. It's in the back of the very left side, there's a slight pocket/cubby where the J1772 adapter should fit perfectly.

I got a glove compartment replacement so I don't have the J1772 holder anymore. I guess the new vehicles don't have this anymore?

But seeing the model year from your signature, your vehicle should have one.

Yes I'm looking for something. I'm tempted to go to Walmart and get some cheap plastic storage compartment that would fit there.

It's really annoying, I keep my J1772 adapter under the center screen and it always end up falling off during accelerations. Come on, my Leaf had so much better storage.

So, the only good looking choice I have is to pay for Tesla center console which is pricey ?
Evanex has one that is drop-in and does a decent job matching the various interior options. Got one about a month ago - glossy obeche/ black. Was a little over $600. That said, I may return it and bite the bullet on the tesla version.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    334 KB · Views: 95
I use an eight inch wide, decorated cigar box. It sits nicely in the forward part of my non-console,almost completely out of site,and stays in place. You can buy something similar at pottery barn for $20. If you want it to hold a J1772 get one that is a little deeper than mine.

I'm assuming you are using some destination charging every day? Something like at work?

If it is home, just leave it on the charger at home.

I keep my glasses case between the seats and just have a microfiber cloth in front of it to keep it from moving around. Could do the same thing with the adapter.