Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another cleaning question...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may have been asked & answered before, but couldn't find any search hits on the subject. So I apologize in advance if there is a thread on this subject matter.

Last week I polished my car and noticed afterwards that the long plastic-type piece that runs under the doors is now a hazy white. There are other parts of the car with this same material as well. Anyone encounter this same issue? How did you restore it back to a nice luster black? I'm considering just wrapping these parts of the car, as they are quite bothersome to look at, if no solution is found.

Thanks!

What do you mean with the term "polish." Did you use an abrasive solution to remove swirls on the car? Did you simply wax or put a sealant on?

I would try cleaning the trim with an all purpose cleaner (APC) such as Meguiars. After you clean it, use some trim restoration products. I like Poorboys Trim Restorer. I recently put on Gtechniq C4, and it looks great. (It also deepened the faded look on my wife's Subaru.)