Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another clueless article..."How Ford Will Eat Tesla's Lunch in the Next Two Years"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the e-tron widely available in the US now? Selling way less than even the Model X as of June.

Final Update: Monthly Plug-In EV Sales Scorecard: June 2019

Marketing the hell outta them here in SoCal. Audi dealers firmly convinced they would have limited allocation and "act now." We had two on reserve, including one First Edition. Cancelled both when the EPA range was released. The car is a 204 mile range turd. Would be like buying a new Blackberry.

Last time I drove by the Audi dealer, there were TWO of them on pedestals outside the dealership facing the freeway. Serious joke.

That's why even when stocks were as low as $180/ share I couldn't get myself to pull the trigger. This kind of crap is what manipulates the market and keeps prices on a roller coaster. Sorry, can't reward the jackass's in the NYSE who don't give a damn if a company survives or not, just gimme the money. Someone nailed it by saying this dweeb is just a schill for Ford...
And not a good one. :mad:

Reactions: blanquito
re: e-tron....for $75k base, you get B&O Stereo + blind spot warnings on your mirrors! What a deal!

I love how Audi Care, i.e., regular service beyond 12 months, is a nice $999 option. Yeah, like it requires $250/yr to swap out the wiper blades & top off the windshield resevoir.

For a suburban soccer mom, it could work well, except when the kid makes the club traveling team and mom has to schlep all over the state for tourneys.....then the lack of range, and lack of supercharging becomes an issue...

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Kleenerth3
re: e-tron....for $75k base, you get B&O Stereo + blind spot warnings on your mirrors! What a deal!

I love how Audi Care, i.e., regular service beyond 12 months, is a nice $999 option. Yeah, like it requires $250/yr to swap out the wiper blades & top off the windshield resevoir.

For a suburban soccer mom, it could work well, except when the kid makes the club traveling team and mom has to schlep all over the state for tourneys.....then the lack of range, and lack of supercharging becomes an issue...
Oh Big Dog dude you nailed it. E-Tron entered the market with that badly plotted graph showing how much better it charged than the Tesla. Another pile of crap Lieing German VW subsidiary hell bent on taking a big chunk of the market by screwing Americans, polluting our country and flipping us the bird!!! This is how they atone for they're illegal BS?
It's hard for me to fathom how people justify in their minds a purchase from an unscrupulous vendor like that. :oops:

• Love
Reactions: Big Earl and UTMB
As much as I loved the legacy American car companies in the past, this is the present, and I'd be surprised if Ford or GM can survive the transition to EV's. This article totally misses the mark, as Ford has no strategic competitive advantage in the EV domain and unfortunately I don't believe many car companies can make it long term, if they don't control the batteries technology and cost used in their EV's.

As much as I loved the legacy American car companies in the past, this is the present, and I'd be surprised if Ford or GM can survive the transition to EV's. This article totally misses the mark, as Ford has no strategic competitive advantage in the EV domain and unfortunately I don't believe many car companies can make it long term, if they don't control the batteries technology and cost used in their EV's.

They have invested in Rivian, which appears to be a hedge against Ford's internal efforts.

Anton has been trashing Tesla for years. He's worse than Lutz. I had a 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid for 9 years until 2018. My grandson has it now. It had been a good car. Last year the EV function took a drastic decline. It has been discovered that Ford has programmed in an about a 1/2 power EV restriction to occur at an HVB age of 9 years. Ford with a few dealer exceptions is playing dumb about this so far. An owner has found a DIY fix with an OBDII reader and some software that resets the HVB age to 1 year and restores normal EV operation. It is surmised that after the 8/100,000 hybrid component warranty expired they restricted the HVB power to preserve it for starting the ICE so the car wouldn't die on the road and prompt a NHTSA recall. Restored cars seem to be functioning normally. Time will tell. These were NiMH batteries. Ford made about 300-400,000 of these Escape SUVs and Ford-Lincoln-Mercury sedans between 2004-20012. They went to Li-Ion in 2013 but screwed up a Japanese design transmission that they began manufacturing in-house in 2013 by a bad bearing that requires too frequent transmission replacement. No recall on that either. Ford is leaving most of the car business in the US and if somebody starts producing an EV pickup before them I think the company is "toast".

Anton has been trashing Tesla for years.

I missed the fact Anton wrote the article, self described unemployed gambler on LinkedIn. His articles are ridiculous how bad they are (I guess I could have guessed it was his writing just by reading the article). On April 3rd he wrote an article about how Model 3 sales in Europe dropped off the cliff by only referencing Norway sales for the three days from April 1-3.

Last year I did a parody thread of one of his other articles:

Tesla Model 3 Costs More To Charge Than A Gasoline Car

Last edited:
Marketing the hell outta them here in SoCal. Audi dealers firmly convinced they would have limited allocation and "act now." We had two on reserve, including one First Edition. Cancelled both when the EPA range was released. The car is a 204 mile range turd. Would be like buying a new Blackberry.

Last time I drove by the Audi dealer, there were TWO of them on pedestals outside the dealership facing the freeway. Serious joke.

What’s also funny is “Etron” is French for “turd”

• Funny
So most of you have far more experience than I do with Tesla. Here are my newbie thoughts on the whole deal. Forgive me if some are well known and I seem a bit clueless.

I recently placed my order for an X. I have wanted an electric car of some sort for a while. I did my due diligence before purchasing, lots of research on the pros and cons of all the cars available.

I really like a lot about the iPace, drove one, loved it. Read all kinds of reviews, watched a lot of videos. In some ways it’s nicer than the Tesla. Definitely less expensive. Nicer interior, though the Tesla is not shabby. Established dealer network, a JLR dealer here in town. Tesla maintenance is about an hour away.

I watched lots of videos and read quite a bit about the Etron, and there were things I liked very much about it as well. Couldn’t drive one, not any available in my area yet.

I drove the Tesla last. Also read quite a bit, and watched many of the videos available.

I chose the Tesla for several reasons. First, though, my biggest worry for buying a Tesla is that the company might not survive, which is the impression you do get from watching the news, and in many of the reviews. After driving it, and learning more, though, I think barring any major mistakes, Tesla will do well. I also worry about customer support and maintenance support with Tesla, but checking in my area of FL that seems to be not too much of an issue..

The main reasons I went with Tesla:

The tech in the Tesla is far superior than the other EV’s, or any other vehicle made now, imho.

Tesla has more experience and background building electric cars than anyone else. They have some teething problems yet, but the other companies are no different, and earlier on the learning curve.

Tesla is an American company.

The X is much bigger inside, I haul around music equipment often. The “frunk” is much bigger.

Though I will use the car mostly in town, there’s the far superior (or only existing?) charging network if I decide to take a trip

I probably WILL take a trip, because even tough I really don’t enjoy driving all that much anymore, I really loved driving the Tesla. The feel of it was like no other. I live out of town, so going to the grocery or other chores is a 20 minute one way drive usually. I’m really looking forward to having a fun car for that.

The tech in the situational awareness is outstanding in the Tesla, the fact I can glance at the dashboard and instantly see everyone around me was astonishing. Really liked that, my neck is not what it was, it’s hard for me to turn my head too far any more. The autopilot I think will be a great aid on long trips, should I take one or two. That and it’s very quiet, which is great in combatting fatigue.

If people are negative about the idea of Tesla, I tell them “go drive one”. I think that experience alone will convince a lot of naysayers, the cars are such a pleasure to drive.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope Ford and everybody else starts building EV’s, the more the better in my view. I wish them all success. But I don’t think they are going to “eat Tesla’s lunch” anytime soon. By the time they have a vehicle compatible with the tech and experience in building EV’s, Tesla should be pretty well established and profitable, at least that’s what I’m banking after having ordered one! Cheers!

So many scathing replies to words from an idiot. Even Warren Buffet, the sage, bet against Tesla and lost his ass.
Elon is not running a traditional company and Wall St hate it. Hedge fund managers are lost cuz none of this was covered in business school. The "competition", isn't. No other company can update, has their own batteries, makes their own interiors, has this type of electric motor, has no advertising, has no dealerships, etc., Etc. Ad infinitum... ;)

Reactions: Big Earl
All it would take is for Ford to do a collaboration with Tesla. I’m sure why everyone is upset at the possibility of Ford actually making a great EV that can take on Tesla. When Ford wants they can create great products.

I will always own a truck in addition to my EV. Have a RAM now, used to own a Ford. I need them now and then. The only problem I see with the Tesla pickup is the design now has far too small a bed. I can’t use a bed that small. if you are going to build a pickup, built it with a useable bed.

I will always own a truck in addition to my EV. Have a RAM now, used to own a Ford. I need them now and then. The only problem I see with the Tesla pickup is the design now has far too small a bed. I can’t use a bed that small. if you are going to build a pickup, built it with a useable bed.

The only 'Tesla Designs' that have been seen are all fake images. Tesla has not released their actual design yet, but it's supposedly coming within months.

Reactions: Lindamon