Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another death in a Tesla (Castro Valley, CA)

MissyMcBee

Dec 4, 2016
Silicon Valley
Exactly... because Elon Musk depended on clicks and media stories for years... safest car ever built! Car will drive itself! He is constantly promoting the brand...
and now he can't handle the scrutiny of the very system he loves.
He put himself in this position.

I'd rather have a car company founder that cares about the reputation of his products and does something to correct it rather than hide the truth and do nothing to fix it....like some have! and if it's money driven; so be it, as long as he does not hide the truth and does everything to make it right! and yes, the kool-aid was very tasty!

10 of the Biggest Automotive Scandals Ever

Barklikeadog

Jul 13, 2016
PA
I'd rather have a car company founder that cares about the reputation of his products and does something to correct it rather than hide the truth and do nothing to fix it....like some have! and if it's money driven; so be it, as long as he does not hide the truth and does everything to make it right! and yes, the kool-aid was very tasty!

10 of the Biggest Automotive Scandals Ever

Did you really say that Tesla doesn't 'hide the truth'
I'll think back to this moment the next quarterly report where the CEO blows up on investors who ask too many questions.

MarcusMaximus

Jan 2, 2017
Los Gatos
Exactly... because Elon Musk depended on clicks and media stories for years... safest car ever built! Car will drive itself! He is constantly promoting the brand...
and now he can't handle the scrutiny of the very system he loves.
He put himself in this position.

It’d be more than a little strange for a CEO to not care about their company’s brand. That out of the way, the level of scrutiny involved here is beyond the pale. I’m starting to see articles on accidents that happened in Europe and involved only property damage. That’s international news for a fender bender.

TomServo

Apr 10, 2014
Belleville IL
Funny I wouldn't have even heard about this if I hadn't paid a Tesla Forum a visit today. Nothing in any of my local St Louis media outlets on this.

bmah

Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums
Mar 17, 2015
Lafayette, CA, USA
Folks, let's stay on topic please. As a reminder that's the discussion of a particular, unfortunate incident in Castro Valley, CA, USA.

Bruce.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC