Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Delivered X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Came home from work early- to find a nice shiny silver MX sitting in my front driveway. Carefully delivered by Tesla in a closed box trailer (thank you) from Decatur SC in Atlanta. The guy had just unloaded it when I drove up.

Car was pristine. Well detailed. Could not find a scratch. Cream interior looked very nice and the car had a total of 4 miles on the OD! Sat down in it (the second time EVER in a Model X) and tried it out. Everything seems to work- sounds, radio, screens. Plugged it in and confirmed it would charge on my installed HPWC. Even found the Xmas Easter Egg button and played it for the neighbors kids. Doors, lights, everything worked as hoped.

Only time will tell how the overall experience goes but the delivery was excellent. I am not a person who falls in love with my cars and not sure that will change with this one. But overall I am blown away with what it can do. The ride is a bit like a "minivan" until you punch it, then WOW. Heavy, planted. Road noise in my opinion was very acceptable. Clearly Tesla is not going for Lexus quality sound proofing (that would be too quiet in my opinion anyway). But overall the doors worked nicely, seats were nicely comfortable (certainly not amazing because they seem a tad small). I'm 6'1 so tall and long legged. But the car feels extremely spacious. It seems very well designed for what it is intended to do- transport up to 6 people (in my car) comfortably as far as you want to go on electric power SAFELY.

The really cool thing that I am only now realizing as a first time Tesla owner- this car will change and grow and improve via software enhancements that may mold and hopefully improve the usability, safety and "character" of the car. I am very excited about that!

So for those folks keenly reading each of these "delivered" posts as they ponder whether to buy, wait or forego the purchase altogether- I can promise you as many others have suggested-the initial impression is going to be amazing!!!!!

Congrats.....been almost 2 years for me and I still thoroughly enjoy the vehicle after almost 40K miles.

I had owned 4 X5's previous to the X and in every one the "love" was eliminated after about 15-18K and 18months. The BMW became truck like; my Tesla still is fresh.

btw: had an opportunity to look at 5 new Tesla X's charging at the Naples store....fit and finish were pristine.

Thank you for the comments!!!!

After 135 miles of driving- the only issue I have found is the steering wheel. When driving perfectly straight on a fresh paved 4 lane road next to my work, the wheel is pointing at the 11 O clock position. Almost 10:30 to be honest. That is one of the few driving things that makes me crazy. Need that fixed. An alignment should handle it easily.

Now for the good news- WOW. Just simply WOW. I never really thought a Tesla was an option for me considering where I live (South Alabama) and the culture here and distance from Tesla services. (Culture meaning a weak focus on renewable energy, conservation, among other things...).

This car is fun to drive, nimble, FAST and full of exceptional utility that right out of the gate has blown me away.

One more note, especially for those folks that are thinking about pulling the trigger on a Tesla but worried about cost, and quality and especially buying in right before a model change or some other improvement you may miss out on. After two days with this car- quality question is answered, cost is substantial but feels worth the investment and I like this exact car so much, don’t care too much if they change it tomorrow. Won’t hurt my enjoyment and use of THIS car.

So take that for what it’s worth (not much coming from me I promise you). But color me pleased two days in. Very impressed.

Reactions: jgrgnt and WINGIT
Thank you for the comments!!!!

After 135 miles of driving- the only issue I have found is the steering wheel. When driving perfectly straight on a fresh paved 4 lane road next to my work, the wheel is pointing at the 11 O clock position. Almost 10:30 to be honest. That is one of the few driving things that makes me crazy. Need that fixed. An alignment should handle it easily.

Now for the good news- WOW. Just simply WOW. I never really thought a Tesla was an option for me considering where I live (South Alabama) and the culture here and distance from Tesla services. (Culture meaning a weak focus on renewable energy, conservation, among other things...).

This car is fun to drive, nimble, FAST and full of exceptional utility that right out of the gate has blown me away.

One more note, especially for those folks that are thinking about pulling the trigger on a Tesla but worried about cost, and quality and especially buying in right before a model change or some other improvement you may miss out on. After two days with this car- quality question is answered, cost is substantial but feels worth the investment and I like this exact car so much, don’t care too much if they change it tomorrow. Won’t hurt my enjoyment and use of THIS car.

So take that for what it’s worth (not much coming from me I promise you). But color me pleased two days in. Very impressed.

Wait until you "dust" one of the good-old-boys in a Camaro. :D

Reactions: TechVP and Gpa9504
Update after 250 miles of driving. This thing is amazing. Feels like driving a little sports SUV. Quick and agile through traffic. I had my first "challenger" yesterday. An Audi A7 pulled up next to me and then punched his car. I figured he was trying to get in front of me to make an upcoming left turn. Usually my MO is to just let them get ahead. Decided not this time. BLASTED that guy like he was standing still. Turned out he didn't want to make a left- just wanted to race. He gave me a thumbs up as I decelerated into the left turn lane.

Other than my steering wheel misalignment- Have not really found any significant flaws. A bad spot of paint under one headlight (no biggie). Car connected to my wifi no problem (have not checked to see if it has new MCU. Played the Christmas "show" easter egg a few times- fun. Overall fit and finish pretty good. In my mind, not really on par with a luxury car (a Honda Odyssey I used to have was about as good in terms of interior and exterior quality). But for what it IS- totally electric large SUV with style, cool factor, amazing tech, and other benefits- I don't feel bad paying $120k for it to be honest. And THAT is the most important thing to me.

Reactions: WINGIT
Hey guys, I finally checked the MCU in my X (vin 91399) using https://jsfiddle.net/qja8wjxc/95/show/. It says I have the old CMU and not the new one. Bummer, as almost everyone around my delivery date seems to have the new one. Is this software 100% correct? My rig does seem a bit slow, but I had the same no wifi connection issues other new MCU guys seemed to have. But that web page clearly shows my vehicle with the older MCU.

Thoughts anyone?

• Helpful
Reactions: Galve2000
What exactly does it say under "Your value"?

MCU2 is overhyped at the moment. I just went from MCU1 to MCU2 on my new X last week and frankly the difference isn't all that big on normal operation. It's not very obvious.

It's interesting to me that people are making such a big deal out of the new MCU yet have to run a diagnostic to know if they even have it. Nice to have? Sure. Should you feel bad if you don't? Definitely not at this point. I have a brand new S100D loaner and I had to run a diagnostic to see that it had old MCU. I have no interest in using the browser, prefer my phone.

I ran the diagnostic. I don’t have it. Fact. Confirmed by Tesla after several emails and phone calls. Maybe it’s not working perfectly yet. But show me anyone given the CHOICE between the new MCU and the old one on a new MX that picks the old one...

Just got the new update 2018.14 Although the release notes don't indicate, it updates the "old" MCU. The browser is truly a different animal -- it is really fast. I ran the HTML5 test an it now scores 350ish. Mostly because there are no video drivers/plug ins. Went to several sites, and it responded as well as my phone. Musk was right, the new update makes the MCU (browser wise) difference moot.

Adding an update to my ownership experience...I finally received my registration papers after almost three weeks. I can finally get a tag. Bad news, have a particularly loud "grinding, creaking" noise coming from front left wheel/suspension area. So looks like I will be having my first experience with Tesla service. Was very much hoping that wouldn't happen until a year into ownership.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna