Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ANOTHER (DELIVERY CHECKLIST) 1-Page Version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1.jpg

So, does it have bluetooth? My old iPod is only cabled, and cabled iPods don't work with Teslas. Only USB music. I guess if this is a newer iPod Touch with bluetooth, it will work, but I never called those 'real iPods'. :D

Might as well test with your phone, as any BT device should be the same.

• Helpful
Reactions: TT97
So, does it have bluetooth? My old iPod is only cabled, and cabled iPods don't work with Teslas. Only USB music. I guess if this is a newer iPod Touch with bluetooth, it will work, but I never called those 'real iPods'. :D

Might as well test with your phone, as any BT device should be the same.

You Gotta Be Kiddin Me, Didn't know the Ipod doesn't work with Model 3, just assumed it would. Does that mean music play from phone is only BT, phone cable music transfer will NOT work either??:(

You Gotta Be Kiddin Me, Didn't know the Ipod doesn't work with Model 3, just assumed it would. Does that mean music play from phone is only BT, phone cable music transfer will NOT work either??:(
Yeah, USB sticks, and BT only (at least on the S and X, doubt the 3 is any 'better'!).

I'd love to use my old iPod (a real iPod, lol!) and plug it in, used it that way on my BMW for years, but nope.

Sorry to break it to you, thought maybe you were doing something interesting! :D

Yeah, USB sticks, and BT only (at least on the S and X, doubt the 3 is any 'better'!).

I'd love to use my old iPod (a real iPod, lol!) and plug it in, used it that way on my BMW for years, but nope.

Sorry to break it to you, thought maybe you were doing something interesting! :D

Yep, I'am sorry to say the stereo system in my 2013 Equinox seems be be more advanced than the model 3:eek:
Must be a reason I Guess!!
Direct Out Of Manual;
Note: To play media from a USB connection, Model 3 recognizes flash drives only. You can play media from other types of devices (such
as an iPod) by connecting to the device using Bluetooth.
Note: Media Player supports USB flash drives with FAT32 formatting (NTFS and exFAT are not currently supported).

I'd love to use my old iPod (a real iPod, lol!) and plug it in, used it that way on my BMW for years, but nope...

C'mon folks - you buy a futuristic $60,000 car and then complain about backwards compatibility instead of buying a new $200 iPod?? And you wonder why Tesla didn't add that feature - you want it to work with Windows XP too??? ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for this.
One thing I don't want delivered is a mounted front license plate frame. I'd rather do it myself without holes drilled in my new bumper.
Perhaps add: "Operate windshield wiper washer" (checks for fluid). It's a bit odd since the wipers just deposit fluid on the windshield instead of spraying.

Reactions: Blu Angel
Thanks for this.
One thing I don't want delivered is a mounted front license plate frame. I'd rather do it myself without holes drilled in my new bumper.
Perhaps add: "Operate windshield wiper washer" (checks for fluid). It's a bit odd since the wipers just deposit fluid on the windshield instead of spraying.
When I picked mine up all the 3s had the mount off and in the frunk. They told me easy to install and I replied I don't need!

Reactions: YDAORCT
Depending on the car and state, they will either install or not, at your request. The story used to be that because the crash tests were done for the S with the front plate on, it had to be delivered with the plate holder installed. The X wasn’t done that way, so, not required. In Virginia, front plate is required but I didn’t want the front plate holder installed on my X as I was going to use ‘The Law’ holder, and they left the front holder off.

I’ve heard in general YMMV.

C'mon folks - you buy a futuristic $60,000 car and then complain about backwards compatibility instead of buying a new $200 iPod?? And you wonder why Tesla didn't add that feature - you want it to work with Windows XP too??? ;)
Yes I complain, because I think the Model 3 should meet and exceed the 2013 Technology of my Equinox, not requiring me to buy unnecessary items to meet 2013 standards. If you have to BUY items because of a lack of BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY, then I would not call this being FUTURISTIC. You cannot use your phone cable to transfer music, what if your BT on the phone is broke and you never fixed because you never needed it, I guess now you go out a buy a new $1000 phone because the model 3 does not have 2013 Technology! Where does it end?? Just my Thoughts, Thanks

wow--this is a really impressive checklist @lasdoug . I see it's date today--did you take delivery today? Did your car pass this rigorous inspection?
Hi, The date is just the checklist version date because I will update from time to time. Just updated today and including it in this reply. Expecting the Model 3 (Jul-Sept 2018). Anything you can think of that should also be included in the list, please let me know. Thank You

Attachments

• 2018 (3-14-18) 1 Page Checklist.pdf
    65 KB · Views: 381
Reactions: Cree and YDAORCT