Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another eap upgrade to fsd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could someone please point me to the appropriate thread?
I can’t seem to find it.
I purchased oct 2018 with enhanced autopilot. I have NoA, etc currently. I paid 5,000 for the eap.

What is my price to upgrade to fsd?
My account is saying 5,000

I thought it was like 3,000.

Thanks a lot

Your FSD upgrade price should be the same after-purchase you were shown when you bought the car. $3k was probably the original order price if you have the $5k EAP. The after-purchase price would be higher by $500 to maybe $2k. It has varied quite a bit. We added it to our Model 3 for $2k during the "sale" Tesla had a while ago, so you never know. The price is supposed to go up May 1. If you don't think the price listed in your account is correct give Tesla a call and see what they say.

I can’t seem to find it.
I purchased oct 2018 with enhanced autopilot. I have NoA, etc currently. I paid 5,000 for the eap.

Thanks a lot

I thought for someone like you (who was in the same situation as me), the upgrade price was supposed to be 3k but I would contact tesla to see. There was a small limited window where it was 2k (which I took advantage of).

Try contacting them, but like I said I thought it was 3k for someone in your situation (it was showing 3k for me, prior to the "sale" that made the price 2k, and I purchased at that 2k price during that time).

EAP was $5K if purchased at delivery, and the FSD upgrade was an additional $3K at delivery. For post delivery at the time, it was $7K for EAP and $5K for FSD. The penalty at the time for waiting was quite steep.

We purchased EAP at delivery for $5K, and then we purchased FSD for $2K when it went on sale. Prior to the sale (but post delivery) it was always $5K for FSD.

I thought for someone like you (who was in the same situation as me), the upgrade price was supposed to be 3k but I would contact tesla to see. There was a small limited window where it was 2k (which I took advantage of).

Try contacting them, but like I said I thought it was 3k for someone in your situation (it was showing 3k for me, prior to the "sale" that made the price 2k, and I purchased at that 2k price during that time).

I could have sworn it was 3,000 also. It says 5000 now unfortunately. I guess I’ll give a call and ask.

It's always been 5,000 after delivery for your situation. When the pricing fiasco happened, it dropped to 3k for about 4 or 5 days for me, then dropped to 2k. That's when i pulled the trigger as well.

So maybe thats what I remember. I never looked at FSD before.. I intended to wait. It wasnt even purchasable for me "on menu" when I took delivery on 12/04/18. I had intended to wait until they announced something and see what it cost. Maybe because I got it in the period of time that they took FSD OFF the order page, my price was different?

Anyway, when the hubbub started here about the price reduction, I looked at my cost in my online account and it was 3k. Then I read here about it going down to 2k, and when it did, bought it that day (as the firestorm had already escalated and tesla was walking back the price reduction).

The 2k kind of hurt at the time as I didnt plan on spending it on the car, but at least at this point I am glad that I am now set on getting the new hardware whenever its available for retrofit, which I expect to be some time next year based on teslas pretty loose adherance to timelines.

I am wondering what the adoption rate is of FSD post purchase at $7000?

Any data on that ?

If I had to guess....very little. $7k is just nonsense. For a company who is struggling for $$, you would think right now they would make it a price that most ppl would purchase it...$7k isn't it. They already spent money on hardware and research, it's just a software update...Any money is better than no money.

• Disagree
Reactions: outdoors
If I had to guess....very little. $7k is just nonsense. For a company who is struggling for $$, you would think right now they would make it a price that most ppl would purchase it...$7k isn't it. They already spent money on hardware and research, it's just a software update...Any money is better than no money.

I agree. $7k is over kill. I currently have EAP and I’m being told to upgrade to FSD it’s gonna cost me $6k! (Yes... I now know about the $2k fire sale... but that’s come and gone) When I asked about the $5k I already paid they explained that was the deal at the time ... but someone who’s purchasing a new M3 only pays $6k for everything..... I feel that’s wrong.

I can’t seem to find it.

Thanks a lot

So now it says 6000 to upgrade.
I purchased in oct 2018. I specifically didn’t buys fsd at the time because I had the “you can purchase later at x dollars.” There was no disclaimer that the price could change like there is now.
I’d like to hear others thoughts and what they plan on doing

So now it says 6000 to upgrade.
I purchased in oct 2018. I specifically didn’t buys fsd at the time because I had the “you can purchase later at x dollars.” There was no disclaimer that the price could change like there is now.
I’d like to hear others thoughts and what they plan on doing

Yesterday Elon was asked about this and basically said it's a mistake and it'll be changed back to 3k (the pre-delivery price) for EAP owners.

Being Tesla that might actually change in 2 minutes, or 2 months.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Yesterday Elon was asked about this and basically said it's a mistake and it'll be changed back to 3k (the pre-delivery price) for EAP owners.

Being Tesla that might actually change in 2 minutes, or 2 months.

Yep, I just read his response.

In theory that means $3K through mid-August and then $4K.

Of course, for me that'd require Tesla to fix the bug on their website which is trying to sell me AP........