TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Another fire...near a Model S

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by efusco, Nov 8, 2013.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

This Model S fire thing is getting worse, it appears to be contagious, some new vehicle to vehicle transmission is obvious. Chelsea Sexton posted the picture below of a vehicle parked just 2 spaces away from a Model S that caught fire outside her home and burned last night. Upon further consideration, I'm convinced that the other 180,000 vehicle fires per year are, likely, also related to being passed by (either direction of travel) Tesla Model S vehicles on the road. Those parking near them are most likely to catch this virulent vehicle combustion strain. The assumption is that it is a virus, but it has not yet been isolated.

The NHTSA has called in the CDC to begin attempting to isolate and identify the contagion. Until then all vehicles should wear a mask, such as a front bra and, at all costs, avoid parking within 2 spaces of an Tesla Model S. That is all.
    1396024_10152071193384048_1685249714_n.jpg
    https://www.facebook.com/evchels?hc_location=stream

2. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Your wit is only eclipsed by your fondness for jocularity ;) But since I just finished Season 3 of The Walking Dead last night you can never be sure

3. TSLAopt

TSLAopt Active Member

Yes, where is the car lady from Fox Business News? She needs to be all over this story ASAP

4. Liz G

Liz G P03056

Wait.....You're telling me that vehicles other than Model S's can catch on fire!!!

5. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

My guess it is the shorts on Vans shoes stock trying to tank the price.

6. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

LOL!!! great wit dude.

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Sounds like some fiction from John Peterson. :smile:

8. epley

epley P85 VIN 693

Like.

9. Geoff

Geoff Member

Excellent analysis Efusco! We need more of this "investigative-ish" reporting!!

Thanks for making my day.

Cheers!

10. lemketron

lemketron New Member

Careful... Someone is likely to read that as "two spaces away from a Model S that caught fire".

How about "...the picture below of a vehicle that caught fire and burned last night outside her home and was parked just 2 spaces away from a Model S..."