Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, and unless I missed it, still no response as to whether or not this has been submitted for a NHTSA input.

I really don't get it.

At all.

The guy HAPPENS to have a failure at very low speed, something that could have just as easily happened on a curvy, two-lane road, whereupon it would have likely sent his car into oncoming traffic for a head-on collision, possibly killing or maiming for life his family and another.

And it's "oh well."

How do otherwise smart people end up acting so phenomenally stupid and/or selfish?

Please, help me understand why so few people give a damn.

Thanks.

I got the car back today. I submitted the NHTSA report. Frankly I think this was caused by my actions somehow, and I think the others may blame it on themselves as well...

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Picked up the revised fore links today. Will replace this weekend:

i-zTTq958-X3.jpg

After rounds and rounds of email with Tesla to try and get them to tell my car is safe and that the existing links won't break, I've given up and am just going to replace them myself.

Reactions: dark cloud
Frequently breaking suspension components is never peachy. I drive 50K miles a year and have driven well over 1.5 million miles and have never had a suspension component fail. I keep cars for 300K miles typically.

Would it be possible to post a pic of the old fore links next to the revised ones? My used S is at about 45k miles and I don't know if I should be worried about this. Not sure how to check what I have.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Mine snapped 7 days ago and today Tesla said that the control arm caused more damage and it would cost me 12.000€ to fix it. Since the car is 3.5 years old and has now 176k km it has no more warranty... I'm preeeeettty much f**ked

Mine snapped 7 days ago and today Tesla said that the control arm caused more damage and it would cost me 12.000€ to fix it. Since the car is 3.5 years old and has now 176k km it has no more warranty... I'm preeeeettty much f**ked

Isn't the part that failed part of the US Recall?

If so, how is the UK part different?

I'd posit that the entire repair should be a warranty/safety defect replacement and repair, no?

This isn't right; please escalate with your Tesla leadership team, and suggest a follow up complaint to the UK version of the US NHTSA--along with a copy of the recall.

Just had this happen 6 days ago. Tesla replaced my MX90D's front left forelink... My car only has 13k km on it and it is 3 years old. It just snapped backing out of a spot, but then it drove as normal (I thought the sound was just the parking breaks at the time). Car drove normal for 5km, parked at work. But then when i took my car back out, there were scratching sounds when going down hill. Almost could not get out of the car park as the scratching got worst on the downslope. It was hard for the tow truck to get the car since it was in an indoor car park. Now I am afraid this will happen again when the car is no longer in warranty. Tesla said normally this would cost $400USD per leg to repair.

Just had this happen 6 days ago. Tesla replaced my MX90D's front left forelink... My car only has 13k km on it and it is 3 years old. It just snapped backing out of a spot, but then it drove as normal (I thought the sound was just the parking breaks at the time). Car drove normal for 5km, parked at work. But then when i took my car back out, there were scratching sounds when going down hill. Almost could not get out of the car park as the scratching got worst on the downslope. It was hard for the tow truck to get the car since it was in an indoor car park. Now I am afraid this will happen again when the car is no longer in warranty. Tesla said normally this would cost $400USD per leg to repair.

Interesting, another report of a snapped forelink on a car that will have the revised part.