Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you ask them for a quote on the replacement arms? Or post the price/part from your invoice? I've been waiting on pricing for a month, just trying to figure out what it's going to cost me to keep my car from disintegrating.

Beck Arnley has a direct replacement that appears to be the redesigned version for $200 each, but if that's the same price as OEM, I'll go that way.

Last edited:
My first post, wish it could have been a fun one...
My wife was just driving a couple hours ago, slow left turn out of a parking spot, and front right lower control arm broke. 2016 P90D with 46K miles, We are the 2nd owners purchased direct from Tesla with warranty. She is still waiting on the tow truck with the right gear to tow it. Very frustrating. We had no idea this was a thing. Ill share what Tesla says adn if they try to charge for the repair.
Sean
That sucks, sorry to hear it. Make sure you file a NHTSA report, hopefully at some point they will be forced to recall these parts as they should have done voluntarily years ago.

Hey Folks,

I'm replacing my front to control arms proactively with these Beck Arnley OE replacements. I tried to get Tesla to quote me replacements, but it's been 3 weeks and I haven't heard back....

These look like they are the "B" design, so they should be good. Replacement is pretty easy - I'm going to mark the position of the eccentric bolt before loosening it, and then try to match that with the new one. I'll get a front end alignment if it's off.

1624371954723.png

Hey Folks,

Replacement is pretty easy - I'm going to mark the position of the eccentric bolt before loosening it, and then try to match that with the new one.
Just remember that you have to cut the bolt to get it out or take the HV battery out as the bolt can only move about 1cm before being stopped by the HV battery. Genius design by Tesla.

It's approved procedure from Tesla to cut the old bolt and install the new bolt from the other side now, but in the first years the service centers would take out the HV battery to change the part.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Just remember that you have to cut the bolt to get it out or take the HV battery out as the bolt can only move about 1cm before being stopped by the HV battery. Genius design by Tesla.

It's approved procedure from Tesla to cut the old bolt and install the new bolt from the other side now, but in the first years the service centers would take out the HV battery to change the part.

What are the specs on the replacement bolts? The chances of getting them from Tesla are close to zero with how slow their response to parts requests are.

We had the same problem with model X 75D at mileage 18K. We had the arms replaced on both sides (cost £1800)
now the car is making squeaking noises when breaking or steering at low speed. Tesla say this is normal

I just got an estimate back for USD1,045.50 total ($415.50 parts, $630 Labor). FORE LINK ASSY, LH (1041570-00-B0) and FORE LINK ASSY (1041575-00-B0) for $205 each. I probably have no choice but for them to fix it, send the invoice to the NHTSA, and then send the invoice to some law firm doing class-action suits.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 3.29.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 3.29.57 PM.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 64
I signed off for the Tesla SC to make the repair, reported the issue with the NHTSA, and shot an email off to McCune Wright. Waiting for a response from the law firm.

Their court filing looks beefy.
I'm not a legal expert, but I've been paying attention to this case and the fillings. The latest updates seem to indicate dismissal is going to occur unless some amendments are filled? It seems to be mostly due to the person being out of warranty when the issue occured.

I'm not a legal expert, but I've been paying attention to this case and the fillings. The latest updates seem to indicate dismissal is going to occur unless some amendments are filled? It seems to be mostly due to the person being out of warranty when the issue occured.
I think that was a separate filing with only 2 complainants.

This one has over 100, according to the law firm (that doc also lists all the NHTSA complaints - an interesting read).

Horrible noises when turning the steering wheel and when driving slow speeds. Below is what they are saying needs replaced. Interesting they are only replacing one side... You'd think the other side would wear evenly or close to evenly if it was truly wear due to vehicle age and mileage as I'm being told??

View attachment 682104
Correction, noticed they want to replace both sides and only one spring. Either way you slice it, makes little sense what they are saying...

I think that was a separate filing with only 2 complainants.

This one has over 100, according to the law firm (that doc also lists all the NHTSA complaints - an interesting read).
So it isn't this one? Read the 6/21/21 pdf.

Last edited:
After the warranty was "looked into" further, the control arms are now being replaced under warranty. The front driver's coil spring I will pay for (even though my sketchy meter is still going off)... Was told it was leaking and the suspension could not be fixed without it being replaced..? However, the passenger side is fine currently.

The ESA does exclude the coil - so this is easier to swallow and feels like they are doing almost the right thing. The cost is now ~$1,200 with ESA deductible. I asked them to look into rear suspension TSB but not better anything....

Trying to now decide if it's worth keeping the car as the warranty is officially expired. Contemplating just giving it to vroom for the 20k offered... This unpleasant experience hasn't been the first and I'm sorta getting tired of having to get it serviced/fixed every ~3 months.

Last edited: